Tips for learning multiple characters

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SakuyaFMX

08-04-2010

I know that someone should at least have 1-2 games with each champ, but in the long run, I'd like to focus at most 4 champs in order to fill any roles in a solo game. I'm currently maining with Ashe, but my choices for the others include Kayle (Support/Off DPS), Garen (Off Tank/DPS), and Rammus (Main Tank).

Any suggestions on champs to put in each of those roles and reasoning behind it would be greatly appreciated.

Urobolus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2010

That's up to you to decide. You should play champions you enjoy. Find a champion you like, do some research and find out their role.

UnOfficial

08-04-2010

Kayle isnt DPS

build garen full sunfire
I'd try Shen for tank

Morgana support

ezrael DEEPs

Genuwine21

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2010

A couple things, first off in most cases you only really need to specialize in a couple roles, physical DPS or caster, Tank, Assassin. Also try to play someone who mids... (ashe takes care of that)

Here is a good example, I play Nunu (tank/support caster/mid), Corki (dps/mid), GangPlank (physical DPS),

Honestly if you main around 3 characters of varying roles you should be fine until ranked play, then you may want to main around 4 to 5 in case your mains get picked up or banned. Also by playing a lot of different champions will allow you to intimately know their rotations and/or their strengths and weaknesses. This is very important for playing at high levels. Of course you don't have to try them, but then you would have to do reading... and no one likes reading.

gosp

Recruiter

08-05-2010

Each character only has so much you can learn before you can't improve with that character any more. Improving your game will come more from general things like team play and map awareness. You may start with 4, but I'll bet you branch out after about 10 games with each.

For tanks: Shen, Rammus, Amumu
Tanky DPS: Garen, Olaf, Xin Zhao
Melee DPS: Shaco, Tryndamere
Ranged DPS: Ashe, Tristana
Caster: Annie, Fiddlesticks,
Support: Taric, Kayle, Soraka,

Really you can just take any of the above and you'll do fine, but definitely play games with as many champs as you can.