Lots of Galio questions!!! Planning on trying out Galio...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2012

If I'm stuck laning against someone like Graves or Caitlyn, or someone that can easily harass me when I try to last hit, any idea what I should do then? The best thing I can think of is giving myself W before flying in to last hit.

Garaze

02-05-2012

What the hell are you laning against Graves/Caitlyn? Galio should be mid/solo top.

If for some god-forsaken reason you are up against them, switch lanes or rush armor

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2012

Juuust the hypothetical situation in which they decided to send their AD Carry mid to counter mid Galio.

You know, sort of like how you bring Caitlyn or GP to mid to counter Kassadin who originally intended to counter AP mid.

llDeathCowll

02-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginga View Post
Yeah I just learned that first hand. 3 AoE abilities, turns out blowing them mid battle heals me quite considerably...

Why Archangel's Staff? I can see it giving him the ability to spam his abilities more freely, but it feels like there are better than that. For example, I give him Abyssal Scepter.

Anyways, I noticed that my hp at high levels is actually comparatively low compared to most tanks, I can take hits, but it still feels kinda wrong that way. Is that okay? I thought about Warmogs, but considering how expensive it is, I don't think I can ever get that item atop my already expensive build. Any alternatives?
You'd be getting the taer instead of the chalice..I'd still get the aby as my 3rd item after boots. I'd upgrade to the AA after buying a rabbadons which I either get after the aby or after a mejai's depending on how things are going.

Ginga

02-10-2012

I have some more questions....

As Galio, I plan on getting MR glyphs. But my dilemma is this...

1) Should Galio get scaling MR runes or Flat MR runes? People always recommend scaling MR over flat MR. But for Galio, I'll be getting tons of MR items by late game anyways, so will getting the scaling MR make that much of a difference by the time they become stronger than Flat MR?

2) Galio's spells all have stupid high cooldowns. Yet cooldown are primary on glyphs, the same runes I'm getting MR for. Masteries alone aren't good enough. Any tips? Are there any items that benefits Galio especially at the same time give him CDR?

edit: You know what, #1's problem applies to many other champions other than just Galio. I might just make a new thread asking more general rune questions regarding Flat and scaling runes.