Olaf Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FoxzStealthpawz

02-05-2012

I have been toying with olaf builds recently and decided to try a build that went;

Beserkers - Youmu - Ionic Spark - Frozen Mallet - Atma's - Randuin

With this build I have consistently done pretty well, my last two games were 25/8/14 and 20/9/4

However, switching from a Warmogs/Atmas/Mallet core to this definitely drops my hp and seems to drop my attack damage. Given the loss, If i active Youmu and ult I can take down 1-3 people guaranteed.

Any remarks? I'm looking for constructive criticism or ideas. And is ATK speed viable on Olaf later? (Im only lvl 27) Many guides I read say stack tank items and them some AD, so I am curious. Thanks!

Cenerae

02-05-2012

I am amazed you get such scores with such a squishy item build. Especially when you're using berserker greaves.

Olaf's vulnerable to being kited (his ult is not a cure-all), so you NEED merc treads. He also scales via max hp and has a passive AS steroid already. So you benefit very little from something like Ionic Spark and Ghostblade. Generally, you'd go frozen mallet - warmogs - atma's and then build more tankiness depending on the enemy team, or maybe something like an infinity edge if you don't need it.

Olaf's main strength is spamming true damage on the enemy team while dealing strong dps if left alone. You don't want to try and pretend he's some kind of glass cannon melee carry (your build verges on it with only mallet, atma's and randuins...right at the end of the build), because he's not.

FoxzStealthpawz

02-05-2012

Alright, thanks for the info!