Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Pro Vlad guide?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SuperSlothBear

02-05-2012

This is how I play Vladimir, and it works wonders for me.

Mov spd quints
cdr blues
health/lvl yellows
magic pen reds

15/0/15 masteries, taking spell vamp and any available movspd ap, or cooldowns.

summoners:ignite/ghost

Items:
Start with boots.
Needlessly large rod
Sorcerer's shoes
Rabadons
Rabadons
Rabadons
Rabadons
Rabadons

Problem?

You also need mid for the farm. While I lane, if focus on dodging damage, only harassing the enemy when he is really vulnerable. Around lvl 5, i try and get his health down far enough for an ult combo. I usually leave the lane with at least one kill.
The combo of ghost->pool makes you virtually ungankable.

For farming, I use almost exclusively auto attacks. Exceptions: im low on health, then use transfusion. OR: there are 2 or more minions within last hit hp, then use tides of blood to hit them all at once.

Team fights are usually a joke once you rush your first rabadons(i usually have 2 and sorc shoes around 30min) just ult, combo, pool. Then wait for your cooldowns and repeat. Try and get as many enemies under your ult as you can.

I know that it is popular to rush WotA for lane sustain, but ive never even needed spell vamp. All that comes out of that in my opinion, is spamming tides on a minion wave and pushing your lane too far.

Stiler

02-05-2012

Your build lacks any magic pen though, I'd get a void staff at least, let alone a wota if you have another good ap'er on your team that can use it.

SuperSlothBear

02-05-2012

My build has 28.55 magic pen. Yes, a void staff would be a good addition late game.