Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ziggs' mana problems

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tribblegoggles

02-05-2012

So I don't know about you guys but I find Ziggs' kit absolutely perfect for zoning and denying EXP. I love it when I throw a minefield behind the enemy's minions and they get forced into either staying there or going in the bush where my teammate is waiting.

This, of course, comes with a pretty high mana cost if you want to continuously dish out your bombs and minefields and the occasional Satchel Charge. Which brings me to ask if anyone has tried getting an early game Manamune or atleast a Tear of the Goddess. I've been getting a Philosopher's Stone in every game following boots of speed with Doran's Ring as a starting item.

Fearfact

02-05-2012

get a archangels staff right off the bat, and you will never have mana issues again.
then get the boots, then get rabadons. =D

Justin Nguyen

02-05-2012

Quote:
Fearfact:
get a archangels staff right off the bat, and you will never have mana issues again.
then get the boots, then get rabadons. =D

No I never got arch angels staff, and i did perfectly fine. It does bring him a lot of mana, but you lose a lot of power late game. I'd say it's a good item, but not an excellent item. Just get blue buff in my opinion. It takes 5 seconds. I had blue buff 5 times and even end game i still did fine. Just early game.

I build Ziggs
Rabadons -> Sorcers -> Void Staff -> Lich Bane -> Ryali's crystal scepter -> Nashtors tooth

Toralt

02-05-2012

Ziggs has such strong early game damage so the mana issues forces him to pick and choose and make every hit count and forces players to make the most of his passive. I use move speed quints in replace of my standard MPen quints for mages to solve his slow move speed, then take d ring for the health and boosted Mana Regen. Late game he doesn't have mana issues in the slightest which makes a tear kinda pointless. Besides he doesn't really spam spell enough to maximize it. ring, boots, roa, sorc shoes, dcap. Everything from there is situational.

Stiler

02-05-2012

Quote:
Aw fail:
No I never got arch angels staff, and i did perfectly fine. It does bring him a lot of mana, but you lose a lot of power late game. I'd say it's a good item, but not an excellent item. Just get blue buff in my opinion. It takes 5 seconds. I had blue buff 5 times and even end game i still did fine. Just early game.

I build Ziggs
Rabadons -> Sorcers -> Void Staff -> Lich Bane -> Ryali's crystal scepter -> Nashtors tooth

Loose a lot late game? AA is one of the HIGHEST ap items in the entire game next to Deathcap.

I usually get tear early, then rush deatcap and after that finish AA, then work toward what you need, Void staff if they are getting heavy MR, hourglass if you need it, etc.

McBeard

02-05-2012

He's so strong, his mana costs keep him in check. He feels like a HoN or DotA character in this regard. If you're gonna attack your opponent, make it count, because you won't get a lot of chances, nor can you spam without buying regen.

Josefina

02-05-2012

Quote:
McBeard:
He's so strong, his mana costs keep him in check. He feels like a HoN or DotA character in this regard. If you're gonna attack your opponent, make it count, because you won't get a lot of chances, nor can you spam without buying regen.

Exactly. The only time I ever have mana issues with Ziggs is right after a failed gank attempt. Blowing all three spells quickly, plus a second Q destroys his mana pool. However, his passive allows him to lane fairly effectively while regenerating mana.

Otherwise, pick and choose harassment. Catch them running up to last hit, or if they get between the melee and caster minions. Those bombs should hit 75% of the time. If you get them low while having a full mana pool, Flash in, bomb, minefield their escape, AA, bomb, dead enemy. If they manage to get away with <150 health, his ult is only 100 mana.

Mr Bunni

02-05-2012

If you're not opposed to a defensive item, the Chalice of Harmony. It will give you more mana regen the less you have. Plus it will also give you some small defense against another AP mid character.

ViashinoWizard

02-05-2012

I run flat mana/5 seals and grab two Doran's Rings as my first items (starting with boots + 3 pots). As long as you're judicious with your use of spells, that should be plenty for the early game.

Alakith

02-06-2012

I just get chalice, it gives you resists against other typical mids, and gives you all the mana regen you need, and its really cheap. If you have that and blue buff its pretty much unlimited mana, which means unlimited q spam.