Mundo build suggestions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LudaBaba

02-05-2012

I recently start to play mundo again as solo top. I know he's not top pick but its so fun.
First, my build is almost always:
Shield
Mercs/Tabi/Greaves/CDR (but mostly mercs, i think that Ionian can be good choice)
Spirit visage (dont know if is needed but i get it)
Brutalizer to Ghostblade
Sunfire
Atma
IE or Bloodthirster

Second, what runes are best for him? I run arp reds, magic resist blues, armor yellows and 2xms and 1xarp quints.

Third, is Wriggles good item for mundo? After boots of course.

Cenerae

02-05-2012

Get wriggles before SV. It may sound counterintuitive perhaps, but wriggles ensures your lane sustain will be strong - SV is probably less important than this, since having it before wriggles means you can only rely on your ult for sustain (and SV doesn't increase it by THAT much).

Generic metagolem should work just fine on him. Atmogs to go with wriggles, merc treads and SV gives you a lot of durability and damage. You could then add a frozen mallet to it to help you stick on targets.

You could also go frozen mallet atrma's instead, giving you more chasing power earlier in exchange for some health.

I admit freely that I'm far from a Mundo main, so someone more familiar with him may wish to poke holes. But items like Sunfire are just bad for him. IE may be a nice luxury item. etc.

FML Jetathor

02-05-2012

I like to build Mundo:
Sheild
Boots of speed
Heart of Gold
Merc/Tabi depending who their team is
Warmogs
Atmas
Force of nature
Iron Solari
Thornmail

This gives you an unmovable wall that does good dmg if you max his Q then W Because most of his abilities scale off health more than anything. So many times ive been able to tank just about anything with this build, If you have trouble in the beginning with sustain then i would suggest to get Wriggles b4 Heart of gold.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2012

I dont think you really need Wriggles for sustain as Mundo. Starting with Shield is probably a good idea, but regrowth works fine too.

The mundo I played against the other day worked out really well and mostly built tanky. Warmogsx2, Force of Nature, Thornmail, merc treads. I probably would add an Atmas to that.

Since warmog takes a regrowth and FoN takes 2 of them, you could easily get a lot of health regen early on in the lane.

So with regrowth start, then getting boots, a giants belt, and a few more regrowth pendants. They will all go into warmogs, FoN anyways.

Amoc

02-06-2012

I like to build Rejuv + pot
Heart of Gold
Merc Treads
turn rejuv into Warmogs
Sunfire
Atma's
Randuin's

not necessarily in that order and sometimes with some more MR instead of armor.