Normal ELO increase to decrease ratio is stupid.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LordJerichoSwain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2012

I lose once and lose almost 40 elo.

Win and i get maybe 5 elo?

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH

02-04-2012

that is really weird, your elo isn't astronomically high either so it's not like MM is putting you in matches where you're expected to lose

are you playing premade 5s?

Prometheius

02-04-2012

It's because matchmaking is really screwy. At any Elo, you can be expected to fight anyone from 500+ to -500 from your range.

If you get unlucky and fight a coordinated trio or duo that are all low Elo, then prepare to get rolled AND lose a lot of points.

Sauron

02-04-2012

Hi.

LordJerichoSwain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2012

i once won like 40/50ish games as nid. Had over 15 win streak at one point in time with her in premades and only been doing non premades for a day or two with Olaf mostly and some AP ezreal, do win streaks affect the loss of elo hard?

I just gained 13 elo for a match which is 3x more than i could of gotten but had a loss the game before.

Prometheius

02-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Reaper View Post
i once won like 40/50ish games as nid in premades and only been doing non premades for a day or two with Olaf mostly, do win streaks affect the loss of elo hard?

I just gained 13 elo for a match which is 3x more than i could of gotten but had a loss the game before.
NOTHING affects Elo except your Elo relative to enemy team average Elo and whether you win or lose.

You gain more when you beat higher elo enemies. You lose more when you lose to lower Elo enemies. The amount of wins has nothing to do with it once you have 20+ games total in Dom.

LordJerichoSwain

02-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheius View Post
NOTHING affects Elo except your Elo relative to enemy team average Elo and whether you win or lose.

You gain more when you beat higher elo enemies. You lose more when you lose to lower Elo enemies. The amount of wins has nothing to do with it once you have 20+ games total in Dom.
i must have the worst match luck atm xD