PROOF: This is why Stark's was so good...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Haestro

02-05-2012

My favorite part about Starks was how it gave away people in bushes.

I loved that item because of it.

sirturkey1

02-05-2012

I want Starks back, I hate the fact that they got rid of the only item that granted life steal and attack speed (not to mention its other stats) and replaced it with an item I will never buy.

Aean

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2012

I built it most games as Ezreal, Olaf, and Shyvana. I kind of miss it now

Trixie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2012

bump

Falleth

02-05-2012

Guess what - nobody built it anyway because there are always better options.

JakeTehPwner

02-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWhiteMuchaco View Post
...and why Phreak was terribly wrong when he said...

Merc Treads, Blood Thirster, Stark's Fervor, Frozen Mallet, Force of Nature, Randuin's Omen.

Gives you:

2 Tier Speed (+ 8% movement speed from FoN), 35 Tenacity
80-120 damage
1,050 HP
95 HP5 (+ 0.35% passive HP5 on FoN)
35-45% life steal
40% attack speed
20 Armor Pen (against entire team, benefitting your whole team)
75 Armor
101 Magic Resist
5%CDR
(Sweet active/passive with Randuin's Omem)

Now understand this, everyone keeps saying that the plus 30 HP5 on Stark's was useless. To those people I say bull. Stark's was MEANT for tanky DPS bruisers, and the 30 HP5 on Stark's was beautiful when stacked with FoN and Randuin's. It was over 100 HP5 and that is nothing to laugh at. ESPECIALLY when you factor in the life steal, resistances, and HP meant that you would never die as long as you were hitting stuff.

Stark's Synergized perfectly for 2 main reasons:

1) It Synergized perfectly with other items - FoN/Randuin's for godly HP5, Bloodthirster for through the roof life steal, menial armor penetration that wasn't so menial since it was an aura and effected your/their entire team, a 40% attack speed buff which meant you did not need any other attack speed item.

2) THIS WAS ALL ACHIEVED USING ONE SLOT! I cannot stress this enough. Stark's was an amazing item. Removing it was a horrible idea, at least without announcing at the same time an item to take its place.

Keep in mind, I didn't even mention that everything on Stark's save 20% attack speed was on on an aura that effected everyone on your team. Phreak saying it was a "newb trap" either comes from being naive or flat out playing us so we'd believe it and calm down. Phreak is wrong here, I'm sorry to say. This is my opinion.

Quote:

I had to quote the above poster, because it's a great point. Why make Stark's into a support item and not WotA? Both are "aura." Phreak was so quick to use that as an excuse for why they changed Stark's, but failed to mention this item.

The biggest most bestest part of starks was the -20 armor aura. I used to get it on olaf along with ghostblade for crazy armor pen(about 100 with runes).

daBigLOL

02-05-2012

You know what was "the biggest newb trap"? Not getting armor penetration, as it boosted your TEAM's physical damage by a PERCENTAGE. Flat AD is great, but its FLAT. Armor reduction is suppose to be a cost effective way to boost damage. Why would you not ask for feedback first Riot.

Rayansaki

02-05-2012

I dunno, personally I only really bought it on twitch jungle, since I like maxing LS on him with wriggles BT starks FM BT. It' still worth it on him, but I do consider it a nerf..

Rihawf

02-05-2012

I liked it on Dominion :0
On SR was really a trustworthy item for me and my friend at bot, as support whenever I got that, it really had positive results.

PeachyMann

02-05-2012

Do you deny that it was a noob trap for AD carries? I know that I used to build it on tristana and ashe two years ago when I started playing. Lifesteal? Good. Attk speed? Good. Why not get it? Well, because you get a lot more benefit from buying AD, but that's not really something you know until you've played the game for a while and experimented with a lot of builds.

I do like starks for tanky DPS though, I generally built it on shyvana after a couple other core items, or used it to replace wriggles late game on junglers. It had it's uses, and I'm not entirely convinced it needed to be removed, but I don't think it was really a "core" item on anyone.

Now if we look at zeke's, it does have some interesting effects on the game, if purchased on a support. First, it gives them the ability to be more aggressive. More health is good, then you get lifesteal and attk speed. Put that on alistar with his ult going, and he can prob do a bit more damage now. I used it earlier on Janna, and with her E, it gives her a fair amount of harass. It certainly isn't going to turn supports into lean mean killing machines, but it's a nice bonus. The CDR though, great for supports. Now look at the aura. Again, AD carries generally want to build AD first, because it maximizes their damage output. That means that they don't have much lifesteal outside of a doran's blade and masteries, and they probably don't have much attk speed early-mid game either. If you get zeke's on your support, now your carry gets those stats free, meaning less heals that have to be dished out (saved mana, depending on who you are playing), and higher DPS from your carry. Not to mention, it helps for getting dragon, baron, and in teamfights. Did starks also do all these things? yeah, but it wasn't bought very often, and when it was, it was generally late game from what I have seen. I really think you guys should give Zeke's a chance. It was not introduced to replace starks in your builds, but it does give some of the same benefits.

TL;DR Starks wasn't bad, but it wasn't a hugely important item in the game. Zeke's is worth giving a chance.