PROOF: This is why Stark's was so good...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kldran

03-19-2012

Stark's was part of my anti-tank Ranged AD build. I'd build a Black Cleaver and Stark's Fervor, then not care that everyone on my team focused the tank, because I had enough Armor reduction to make it not matter.

Kldran

03-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buru Diman View Post
I bet you would cry about Haunting Guise too if they removed it.
I would, it's very underrated, and I get it all the time. People say it's bad late game, but the enemy needs around 70+ MR for a Void Staff to be better, and in low elo people don't buy MR.

Tomas Torquemada

03-19-2012

starks was always a favourite on my udyr how I miss it...

bahamutkaiser

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2012

Starks was the perfect item on Shyvana, the lifesteal and regen synergized well with her natural armor and MR, and the AS boosted all of her skill effects and procs ults faster, between having great sustain and enhancing my allies with massive lifesteal and regen, it basically put Shyvana in a tank role, I was getting frozen too so I could chase and capture.

What I did learn from Zeke is that Triforce is nice on shyvana, but Zeke itself just failed vs wriggles, which also supports the team with wards and pumps Shyvanas CS so she can buy more items. I'm only sad that I didnt use Starks and Triforce... The health from either FM, or ZH is not useless, it just doesn't support a sustainers build, a sustainer wants high health recovery and high defense, health is just an afterthought.

Tyr Howl

03-19-2012

Red Post Bump

ALSO MaiNtaiN

03-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWhiteMuchaco View Post
I had to quote the above poster, because it's a great point. Why make Stark's into a support item and not WotA? Both are "aura." Phreak was so quick to use that as an excuse for why they changed Stark's, but failed to mention this item.
[/B]
In Phreak's quote he says carries had better options, which they do. WotA is a very good and core item on many ap whereas Stark's was not a core item on many champs. I'm not saying it was a bad item, but like Phreak said again... it was underused. The argument you make here does not make any sense to me comparing Stark's to WotA.

CountNoob

03-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocacolalips View Post
To be honest, it's a problem with the community overall and Riot doesn't help either.

There's a stigma around where you would believe that the support role = auras.

But it's not true, and never was and never will.
Anyone can buy aura's items. Anyone.
It's not the support Job to buy Aura's items. It does not benefit the support more than anyone else. And a support like any other champion would rather spend his gold to improve his own spells so he can support better.

It's even more stupid as the support will most of the time be one of the main targets and will most likely die and lose his team the auras. How ironic.

Heck, a perfect example would be Will of the Ancients, this item has a spellvamp aura, but it only caters for casters and mages and while they're the ones to buy it, the aura benefits the entire team.

It's perfectly fine to allow Supports to get those precious aura's items, but it shouldn't be as forced as it is now.
Yup, Starks was like the WOTA of ad carries but it fitted a rare situation where it is great.

It was a must on supportplank because it worked with his E R and passive.
And for atmogsplank it fitted as a situational item which would be better than his other situational items and also worked with his E R passive.

Tyr Howl

03-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by p1stonsmaniac View Post
In Phreak's quote he says carries had better options, which they do. WotA is a very good and core item on many ap whereas Stark's was not a core item on many champs. I'm not saying it was a bad item, but like Phreak said again... it was underused. The argument you make here does not make any sense to me comparing Stark's to WotA.
Stark's is the Melee version to WotA, and as for a comparison, Stark's does more for AD Champs and AP Champs then WotA does for AD Champs

Juke For Jesus

03-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by p1stonsmaniac View Post
He stated that "aura" is for supports as a reason why they changed Stark's, but failed to mention WotA.

Juke For Jesus

03-19-2012

Bump