PROOF: This is why Stark's was so good...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IlfirinVelca

02-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWhiteMuchaco View Post
...and why Phreak was terribly wrong when he said...

Merc Treads, Blood Thirster, Stark's Fervor, Frozen Mallet, Force of Nature, Randuin's Omen.

Gives you:

2 Tier Speed (+ 8% movement speed from FoN), 35 Tenacity
80-120 damage
1,050 HP
95 HP5 (+ 0.35% passive HP5 on FoN)
35-45% life steal
40% attack speed
20 Armor Pen (against entire team, benefitting your whole team)
75 Armor
101 Magic Resist
5%CDR
(Sweet active/passive with Randuin's Omem)

Now understand this, everyone keeps saying that the plus 30 HP5 on Stark's was useless. To those people I say bull. Stark's was MEANT for tanky DPS bruisers, and the 30 HP5 on Stark's was beautiful when stacked with FoN and Randuin's. It was over 100 HP5 and that is nothing to laugh at. ESPECIALLY when you factor in the life steal, resistances, and HP meant that you would never die as long as you were hitting stuff.

Stark's Synergized perfectly for 2 main reasons:

1) It Synergized perfectly with other items - FoN/Randuin's for godly HP5, Bloodthirster for through the roof life steal, menial armor penetration that wasn't so menial since it was an aura and effected your/their entire team, a 40% attack speed buff which meant you did not need any other attack speed item.

2) THIS WAS ALL ACHIEVED USING ONE SLOT! I cannot stress this enough. Stark's was an amazing item. Removing it was a horrible idea, at least without announcing at the same time an item to take its place.

Keep in mind, I didn't even mention that everything on Stark's save 20% attack speed was on on an aura that effected everyone on your team. Phreak saying it was a "newb trap" either comes from being naive or flat out playing us so we'd believe it and calm down. Phreak is wrong here, I'm sorry to say. This is my opinion.
This man knows stuff.

DJ Radix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2012

newb trap

Downerism

02-05-2012

I agree. +1

Flammuz

02-05-2012

awtz Stark got nerfed to hell and so many people want it back

Only if it were buffed again to 25% - oh wait...

Juke For Jesus

02-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekenner View Post
If you have Starks + Bloodthirster, get a phantom dancer instead.
You do more damage and probably lifesteal more due to the increased damage.
Noob trap item indeed.
You're telling me PD is better than Stark's? I call bs. The constant 20% life steal plus attack speed when paired with the Blood Thirster is amazing. This is better for sustainability. Period. It's way more reliable than PD.

efdf

02-05-2012

that build is hilariously bad

Willfox

02-05-2012

Irelia with starks + Trinity needed no more dmg, only tanky items. Attack speed and lifesteal with a little arp. (Obviously a later game item after getting rid of wriggles)

DramaticBear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2012

I miss it on Xin.

On melee characters that weren't carries, like Mundo/Xin/Trundle, it was awesome. Those guys were first in last out and not focused. They gave your carry a 7th item with that item.

Juke For Jesus

02-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by efdf View Post
that build is hilariously bad
You ever try it? You literally never die and still do enough damage to kill stuff and be a major threat. With this build I've been down to the wire with HP, and built it all back by the end of the team fight as Xin Zhao. I'm telling you, this build gives tanky DPS everything they need.

Stark's was the glue that held this build together, and now it's gone. This should not be so. Zeke's Herald should have been a separate item. Stark's and WotA are comparable, but you don't see Riot changing WotA to a support item. People would go nuts - as they are now about Stark's.

daBigLOL

02-05-2012

Much like kayle riot isnt going to admit they screwed up. They took out a unique item to give a generix crappy item that supports wonr even get. Everytime riot does something with no feedback it goes bad. Trur story.