PROOF: This is why Stark's was so good...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KingDinger

02-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWhiteMuchaco View Post
...and why Phreak was terribly wrong when he said...
"newb trap on carries" CARRIES

Merc Treads, Blood Thirster, Stark's Fervor, Frozen Mallet, Force of Nature, Randuin's Omen. THATS NOT A CARRY BUILD THATS TANKY DPS....

Gives you:

2 Tier Speed (+ 8% movement speed from FoN), 35 Tenacity carry gets 1-2 PDs so +15% movespeed
80-120 damage carry needs atleast 250+ AD late game since all they really do is attack
1,050 HP
95 HP5 (+ 0.35% passive HP5 on FoN) 100 HP5 is only 10 HP per second....minions can do more damage than that...
35-45% life steal
40% attack speed very low, you want atleast 1.8 AS on a carry
20 Armor Pen (against entire team, benefitting your whole team)armor reduction not penetration
75 Armor not overly tanky but enough considering scaling AR
101 Magic Resist decently tanky
5%CDR
(Sweet active/passive with Randuin's Omem) i find it kind of useless or atleast REALLY situational...

Now understand this, everyone keeps saying that the plus 30 HP5 on Stark's was useless. To those people I say bull. Stark's was MEANT for tanky DPS bruisers, and the 30 HP5 on Stark's was beautiful when stacked with FoN and Randuin's. It was over 100 HP5 and that is nothing to laugh at. ESPECIALLY when you factor in the life steal, resistances, and HP meant that you would never die as long as you were hitting stuff.

Stark's Synergized perfectly for 2 main reasons:

1) It Synergized perfectly with other items - FoN/Randuin's for godly HP5, Bloodthirster for through the roof life steal, menial armor penetration that wasn't so menial since it was an aura and effected your/their entire team, a 40% attack speed buff which meant you did not need any other attack speed item.

2) THIS WAS ALL ACHIEVED USING ONE SLOT! I cannot stress this enough. Stark's was an amazing item. Removing it was a horrible idea, at least without announcing at the same time an item to take its place.

Keep in mind, I didn't even mention that everything on Stark's save 20% attack speed was on on an aura that effected everyone on your team. Phreak saying it was a "newb trap" either comes from being naive or flat out playing us so we'd believe it and calm down. Phreak is wrong here, I'm sorry to say. This is my opinion.
your opinion...but still its wrong. phreak said newb trap for carries. you said its an item for tanky DPS. tanky DPS is ruining this game.

i liked it for junglers and offtanks but it was never a core item for an AD carry. cait and other long ranged AD carries never got in range for the aura to do anything.
olaf WW tryn yi and sion were the only champs anyone could call AD carry and use starks, but they arent the types of carries phreak was talking about. and they arent even AD carries cept tryn/yi. sion was innately tanky, so tanky DPS when built with AD/lifesteal. olaf is always built more tanky than pure DPS. WW never really used it because all the noobs rushed madreds bloodrazer and never had any money for any other items.

yi and tryn always had better items to get like more PDs or more bloodthirsters. starks was just good to get if you couldnt afford more bloodthirsters and if you had another person who could use the stats from the aura....

TheWhiteMuchacho

02-04-2012

Cool. Now time for me to debunk everything you just said. Phreak was also quoted that Zeke's Herald is better for Olaf and Mundo than Stark's. Enjoy.

TheWhiteMuchacho

02-04-2012

Also ps. He said carrys. Not ranged carries. He meant both.

DONGLORD420

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2012

rip starks olaf
rip armor shred AD jungle kayle

TheWhiteMuchacho

02-04-2012

Here's the proof:

Posted by Phreak in the same forum...

Quote:
Mundo and Olaf would prefer Zeke's to Stark's. It's cheaper and gives a bunch of health. It also gives CDR that severely increase the uptime of their steroids.
I disagree with this. While 15% CDR is nice, it would never outshine Stark's with the minimal HP this item gives and reduced stats. Stark's turned you into a mid game machine. Olaf and Mundo prefer Stark's. Sorry, Phreak.

daBigLOL

02-04-2012

Bring back old starks. Zeke's can get its own item and icon

rekenner

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2012

If you have Starks + Bloodthirster, get a phantom dancer instead.
You do more damage and probably lifesteal more due to the increased damage.
Noob trap item indeed.

AsheIsElite

02-04-2012

I actually found A LOT OF USE OUT OF STARK'S. Like, I used it over Blood thirster when I had IE/PD. Gave max damage and sustain. (Also -20 Armor is pretty good tbh, especially against someone who didn't have a lot)

Foxley

02-04-2012

Zeke's is pretty mediocre right now. They really should give it the 20 armor shred aura to make things right again, that debuff was the #1 best part about Stark's and no other item in the game does that.

AJL

02-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWhiteMuchaco View Post
...and why Phreak was terribly wrong when he said...

Merc Treads, Blood Thirster, Stark's Fervor, Frozen Mallet, Force of Nature, Randuin's Omen.

Gives you:

2 Tier Speed (+ 8% movement speed from FoN), 35 Tenacity
80-120 damage
1,050 HP
95 HP5 (+ 0.35% passive HP5 on FoN)
35-45% life steal
40% attack speed
20 Armor Pen (against entire team, benefitting your whole team)
75 Armor
101 Magic Resist
5%CDR
(Sweet active/passive with Randuin's Omem)

Now understand this, everyone keeps saying that the plus 30 HP5 on Stark's was useless. To those people I say bull. Stark's was MEANT for tanky DPS bruisers, and the 30 HP5 on Stark's was beautiful when stacked with FoN and Randuin's. It was over 100 HP5 and that is nothing to laugh at. ESPECIALLY when you factor in the life steal, resistances, and HP meant that you would never die as long as you were hitting stuff.

Stark's Synergized perfectly for 2 main reasons:

1) It Synergized perfectly with other items - FoN/Randuin's for godly HP5, Bloodthirster for through the roof life steal, menial armor penetration that wasn't so menial since it was an aura and effected your/their entire team, a 40% attack speed buff which meant you did not need any other attack speed item.

2) THIS WAS ALL ACHIEVED USING ONE SLOT! I cannot stress this enough. Stark's was an amazing item. Removing it was a horrible idea, at least without announcing at the same time an item to take its place.

Keep in mind, I didn't even mention that everything on Stark's save 20% attack speed was on on an aura that effected everyone on your team. Phreak saying it was a "newb trap" either comes from being naive or flat out playing us so we'd believe it and calm down. Phreak is wrong here, I'm sorry to say. This is my opinion.
"Phreaks Thought" - Aura Item = Support item.
Attack speed on supports? o.o? Must get rid and buff!
(Make it to new item)
There more supporty.

Community: IT WASN'T AN ITEM FOR SUPPORTS!