PROOF: This is why Stark's was so good...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CountNoob

02-07-2012

Since I am mad about them removing starks, Starks is like the WOTA of ad carrys, some champions use them and some don't.

As i posted in some page here
Gangplank
Boots, Wriggles, Warmogs, Atmas, BT/FON/Stark, BT/FON/Stark, sell wriggle and BT/FON/Stark

What it does:
Gangplank is a support tanky dps god, he can fill multiple roles if given enough gold.

What does a tanky dps do?
Some can argue what a tanky dps suppose to do in fights but for me its to intiate and start harass/leaching onto an enemy carry forcing the enemy to attack you. Letting your team to do damage more safely being TANKY means you will tank some of the damage for a while as well as sustain from the other items.

Starks was very good on Gangplank.
Why? It provided aura for Gangplank and his team, it provided more attack speed and lifesteal to tank more damage in fights.

Old starks provided more lifesteal and attack speed, useful for the team, you can't say its bad because it only helps the AD people it like saying its bad to get WOTA on AP carry.
Starks gave lifesteal and attack speed, while the new item gives 250 health and 15% CDR with aura.

250 health= 5 extra damage from atmas, and 15 CDR for what? Q cooldown is short. W is fine, E and R is meant to be used in teamfights but they have a good cooldown to be up for every teamfight to be used even with 15% you will still only use R once in a fight and maybe E twice but fights don't last that long.

Meanwhile the lifesteal and damage would had helped Gangplank live longer, have his passive slow stacked more on the carry that he is attacking and leaching onto to cause the enemy to attack Gangplank helping the team.

Why not go PD?
PD is perfectly viable but E and R are the support skills of Gangplank, late game you won't be doing the most damage but would be in the middle in terms of damage so PD or old Starks it would had been around the same in terms of sustain but less in helping the team with the aura.

And the starks would be perfect for Gangplank supporting the team. Q is for the harass/damage and W is for the escapes and tanking part and the passive is for the role of tanky dps which is why i see and play GP is a tankydpssupportgod.

Most people would ignore tanks since tanks are only for intiating and then support the team. Gangplank has an AA, Q for damage(DPS) W for tanking CC/heal(TANKY) and E,R for supporting(SUPPORTING) and Passive for dealing his only 1 CC other than ult slow and the where most of his other DPS comes from AAs.
And doing his role(TANKYDPSSUPPORTGOD)

SingingFury

02-07-2012

Bump!

Salamander Joe

02-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegfryd View Post
Phreak was right and he explained it later on in that thread if you read it, you're probably the same kind of person who thought that the old pink Malady was good.
THE OLD PiNK MALADY WAS GOOD!!!!

Juke For Jesus

02-07-2012

I still wish reds would post.

Aeroshe

02-07-2012

Agreed, I'd love to see a red post in this thread.

Starke's wasn't being built enough was their "main" reason for removing it. They have access to those numbers and we don't.

Ok.

How about Tiamat? How often is it legitimately being built? Probably not as often as Starke's was. Still in game? Yup. More useless then Starkes? Oh yea.

Juke For Jesus

02-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroshe View Post
Agreed, I'd love to see a red post in this thread.

Starke's wasn't being built enough was their "main" reason for removing it. They have access to those numbers and we don't.

Ok.

How about Tiamat? How often is it legitimately being built? Probably not as often as Starke's was. Still in game? Yup. More useless then Starkes? Oh yea.
Precisely. This is why I think the removal of Stark's was an effort to nerf life steal. I mean, the same patch they nerfed WotA making the personal as well as stacked aura of its spell vamp reduced. Maybe they are trying to nerf this stat across the board?

Keptron

02-07-2012

Armor reduction was a great deal, AP characters got Aura item to reduce magic resistence, why we AD characters can't have? Don't come with the bull**** of Black Cleaver, AP character got Rabadon that clearly give them a great hand on dmg and most of AP characters are easy mode ( LB for example ). Stark's Fervor was very good, I liked to use it with my ashe build, I am now using Zeke's just because of the hp but I would prefer Stark's Fervor

Edit:
No offense to Riot of anyone of them, but why there isn't any answer from them in this thread? It got already 12 page of people talking

I guess they want to always favor AP characters, because they took 4% crit and switch for a bad mastery and also made Stark's Fervor into a bad item. Why they did it? AP players already got Archmage that together with rabadon make them deadly. Critical is per chance, which the player have to buy lots of item to stack critical chance or have to buy crit runes. Seriously, that last update seemed to be just a good thing for who play as AP character ( excluding the WOTA reduction, I guess it was the unique bad thing for AP players, but not much compared to Stark's lost )

Juke For Jesus

02-07-2012

Bump

Erukyun

02-07-2012

when an AD carry build an emblem of valor, thats literally 900 gold that could be used for a better item(wriggles).

zeal > recurve.

Juke For Jesus

02-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erukun View Post
when an AD carry build an emblem of valor, thats literally 900 gold that could be used for a better item(wriggles).

zeal > recurve.
Stark's > Phantom Dancer (For non-crit based bruisers)