Reward Influence with Influence Points

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whober

03-16-2012

I bump you for justice

Nexttoradio

03-17-2012

I love this, but I also have a slight issue with it. I am primarily a support player, and as a result people generally don't respect me because of my poor k/d score and low feed count. I have only been playing for a month, and maybe that is why I feel people undervalue me, (I spread wards and use my abilities to help get ganks/save people etc etc.).

I do play with some experience players and one of the best people I play with has said I play a perfect support time and time again, but I still get people that are angry with me because they think im not doing anything.

So while I like the system, I feel that people that play support with a team that doesnt value/understand support playing at all will suffer as a result of this kind of system.

Aside from that and other problems voiced by previous posts, I like very part of this system.

Bligzar

03-17-2012

I've red your IP system suggestion, I was doubtfull at first, but then you obliterated all of my doubts. Except that I think a 5 player premade team should have the righ to rate their teammate. Riot, red post?

seleleth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexttoradio View Post
I love this, but I also have a slight issue with it. I am primarily a support player, and as a result people generally don't respect me because of my poor k/d score and low feed count.
Interesting. From my perspective this system isn't a problem for you, but rather a solution. Support players don't get the glory of high K ratio or carrying games (at least not usually), but they're big contributors. I think you'd be surprised how much people notice contributions of support players. And I believe this system would finally let you both A) see that people notice and B) get some reward for it.

Right now all you're seeing is the vocal, negative side.

dKtiGERR

03-18-2012

This would actually encourage people to not be such huge ****weeds and actually play the game, otherwise they're wasting their own time with getting almost nothing out of it (almost like playing a 40 minute custom game).
What about Leavers? Should the give like an automatic Positive Everybody and receive an auto-neg?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bligzar View Post
I've red your IP system suggestion, I was doubtfull at first, but then you obliterated all of my doubts. Except that I think a 5 player premade team should have the righ to rate their teammate. Riot, red post?
I think Quad/5-Man premades should not be allowed to vote, for the reasons:

1) Quads could auto-neg the 1 solo guy and get more IP if he was totally innocent (avoiding any abuse)
2) 5-Mans know how to play with each other, they aren't anonymous at all. If they lose, they know why they did and can yell at each other a different time (rather than closing out quickly)

Bligzar

03-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garvorious View Post

I think Quad/5-Man premades should not be allowed to vote, for the reasons:

1) Quads could auto-neg the 1 solo guy and get more IP if he was totally innocent (avoiding any abuse)
2) 5-Mans know how to play with each other, they aren't anonymous at all. If they lose, they know why they did and can yell at each other a different time (rather than closing out quickly)
I'm only talking about a 5 premade, I totally agree with you for the 4 premade. And I would also not give that right to2 and 3 premade for the same reasons.
But allowing it for 5 premade would offer a way to congratulate a player that have particulary well played. And as a 5 premade there would be no reason to troll with the system.

seleleth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2012

Thanks for your input. Glad to see some activity here.

I don't really have a preference on 5-man premades--that is, whether they can rate each other or not. This is a problem-solving proposal, and to me, 5-man premades are not a problem that needs to be solved. Be a jerk, you don't get invited. Not a problem.

If Riot implements this and decides they can rate each other, that doesn't bug me. And you're right, Bligzar, in the case of 5-man premades they can't single anyone out (unless I suppose they were nefariously inviting people just to rate them negatively and hoard points for themselves, but that's absurd and wouldn't last more than 1 match before their plan is foiled).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garvorious View Post
What about Leavers? Should the give like an automatic Positive Everybody and receive an auto-neg?
Isn't this answered in the original post? Please let me know if I've misunderstood your question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seleleth View Post
Leavers

Another wonderful side benefit of a system like this is that it provides a better way of dealing with leavers. Obviously the leaver does not earn any IP. But what about consolation for the players who get stuck undermanned?

With this system, players suffering the misfortune of leavers can be given a sort of consolation prize. If a match would have awarded each player 60 IP (a typical Classic loss), that would have been 300 IP total among five players. But because there were only four instead of five, distribute that total IP among the remaining 4 players, meaning each player has 75 IP to distribute via their ratings (more in line with a Classic win).

Bligzar

03-23-2012

Bump.

seleleth

03-25-2012

If we don't get Riot's attention soon I swear I'll break a vase.

Bligzar

03-26-2012

As long as no flower is hurt during the process...