Reward Influence with Influence Points

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skyesilvary

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-10-2012

Riot needs to wake up and smell the coffee or something I am hoping that something soon smacks them in the head so they actually read this.

Anarchius

07-10-2012

I would reward good players with their own servers instead of points. a utopia where they could play randoms all day and never get a jerk on their team. ahhh... paradise

I like your idea, and I like your writing style even more.

I would be HIGHLY interested in seeing the math behind both concepts (the current model, and the one you suggest) I've got a nerd grin just thinking about it!

the current model would probably be a short problem that encompasses all players in one or two lumps (good and bad players, or players and tribunal voters. something to that effect) while your model would be more complex, yet elegant and simplistic once completed.

Keep workin on it. Riot could actually take this seriously if you proved it mathematically. How could they not? Numbers don't lie, especially in a company that loves profit. Even if you managed to get it down to a formula that could be tested, that would be sublime. 8)

Happy players + fair system = more money. At least I sure hope so. It would be sad to find out that the current system was decided upon mainly because it's both simple and profitable, after weighing the cost of having a large body of miserable players against the cost of using a different system. I love Riot, but I would be bummed to find out if that were true. The only way to beat it would be with a new and better system that is both MORE profitable AND more fair. gulp...

I can only wish you the best of luck, friend! For all good player's sake.

~Stevo

www.gettherax.com

seleleth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-12-2012

Thanks for the positive support, guys. Anyone seen Riot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradles View Post
so, it occurs to me that this might a good way to distribute your ELO as well...
I made some comments on this back on page 1 in case you're interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seleleth View Post
I'm not sure I would advocate a similar rating system to reduce/increase the Elo gained/lost by individuals based on their performance.

See, Elo ratings are all about a person's ability to win. It's hard to quantify that with anything besides wins and losses. Opinions on what contributes or takes away from "winability" will vary as much as night from day. Anyway, it's a seperate discussion entirely, and less likely to end in any kind of consensus.

The beauty of letting players rate the influence (and subsequently "influence" points) of other players is that it hits the nail right on the head. To determine whether an individual is a positive or negative influence, who better to ask than the people who are influenced by him or her?

Shimrra3

07-12-2012

This is good. I even agree with the numbers, as far as I can tell. What'd be great is if Riot actually looked in here.

bradles

07-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimrra3 View Post
This is good. I even agree with the numbers, as far as I can tell. What'd be great is if Riot actually looked in here.
it only took a week of fairly consistent bumping to get other players talking again, so maybe riot will show up soon. I'll keep working it.

On ELO:
Maybe we have a second vote box? One box for winability and one box for influence?

Monoream

07-12-2012

This idea should be implemented.

bradles

07-15-2012

so riot. I gave you a couple days since other people were talking about it for a bit, but you still fail to show. I did some counting, and you have answered 11 posts on the first 10 pages. That's 11/500, 2.2% of the threads. That is an epic fail.

bradles

07-16-2012

does riot even read the forums?

IGingerBreadMan

07-17-2012

Whatever system is potentially looked at, it should not allow "good" players to ***** constantly at everyone else simply because they have more kills. Drives me nuts when someone is in their own little world (usually top lane) and they fail over and over again in helping the team. Do you really not see that your team needs help? They are not team players and should not be rewarded as such in any way.

Pr0jectseph

07-17-2012

Bump.

Riot should look at this...but they're always too busy responding to threads such as

"What was your most awkward moment on the Summoners Rift?"