I feel like I'm being FORCED to ban kassadin, Rammus, Poppy and Yorick

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Silent Reaper

02-04-2012

My Dominion Elo is at +1800.
There's a reason why I'm forced to play Draft -____-

umadbrudda

umadbrudda

02-04-2012

forgot poppy tho

Ascleph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2012

QQ

KimKelley

02-04-2012

There's 6 bans in draft. In normals, you could play one of these "OP" characters and instawin if they're so OP. Who doesn't like instawin?

Supa Fly Coolio

02-04-2012

dominion is a joke in terms of balance

zionist shill

02-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supa Fly Coolio View Post
dominion is a joke in terms of balance
Compelling argument bro. You sure do know your stuff.

KimKelley

02-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpIe Reign View Post
Compelling argument bro. You sure do know your stuff.

SR is balanced. True story.

Ensign

02-04-2012

Just to explain how it more or less seems to work:

If you have first pick and first ban, you don't have to ban any of the big 3 (Rammus, Yorick, Kassadin). You ban champions that you'd consider picks 5-7, and force the other team to either ban all of the big 3, or let you first pick one of them.

If you do not have first ban, you basically have two good choices:

1). Ban Kassadin, Yorick, and Rammus. If the other team bans one of the three, you are free to spend a ban on any other champ.

2). Plan on letting two of the big 3 through. Essentially, you play chicken with the first ban team. You ban anything but the big 3, only spending a ban to remove the 3rd one. The idea is that you'll let one through, but only on condition that you get one of the others.

Thus the plan is to ban Rammus + anything else. If the other team does not ban Yorick or Kassadin, you do not ban the other one. Pick whichever they do not first pick; if they don't first pick them, grab them both with your first two picks.

If the first four bans are non-big 3 bans, then the first pick gets to hand you a nasty fork; they can ban either Yorick or Kassadin. You're then stuck either banning Rammus and letting them fp Yorick or Kassadin, or handing them Rammus with only a Yorick or Kass as consolation.

At least, that's how I see draft bans / picks to win at the moment; it's predicated on the idea that Rammus >> Yorick ~= Kassadin >> everything else. If you don't agree with that then obviously you'd use a different strategy!

Glorious Bird

02-04-2012

You left out Wukong. Probably the tankiest and definitely the hardest hitting gap closer. He's powerful all game is essentially broken mid/late if he plays his cards right.

But, yeah, play draft. This is just the way Twisted and Dom work. You aren't counter picking so much as eliminating **** that is top tier and annoying no matter how good you do.