Leaver Penalty level 1

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ecliipez

08-06-2012

I have a question...I got leaver penalty of 1 because well...I left. Is level 3 the highest and level 1 the lowest? Or is it the other way around?

TrollbunalAbuser

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irraka View Post
So I did it...finally I've left a game. I was picked on and I finally had enough so now my leaver penalty is level 1. Does this mean I'm a bad person? Like is my account flagged now in a negative status?

I wish there was some kind of way people got in trouble for driving people to quit and I know some of you will say just put them on ignore or don't listen to them but it's really hard and in the heat of the moment you just do things. *shrug*
As Riot will tell you (and already has, apparently), you're obligated to be a doormat for abusive people to walk all over, otherwise you'll be punished. Enjoy your carebear experience!

Hexenir

08-06-2012

What's this "Leaver level" thing? Second post I see about it...I play league for several years now and never heard of such a thing ._.

Is it something you get after a leave? How does it work?

SimplyAlive

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollbunalAbuser View Post
As Riot will tell you (and already has, apparently), you're obligated to be a doormat for abusive people to walk all over, otherwise you'll be punished. Enjoy your carebear experience!
-You can defend yourself without violating any rules.
-You can ignore others if you cannot do the above.
-You can simply continue to play as good as you can, without giving the provoker the satisfaction of getting the attention that he desires.

As a matter of fact, I just personally violated the third option. I replied to you.
However, none of the above make you a 'doormat'. They make you a sensible person that knows how to deal with issues appropiately.

GenocideAlive

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollbunalAbuser View Post
That's pretty intellectually dishonest.

You can mute anybody acting like a ding dong. That said, leaving is a game-ruining action that is far easier to assess than whether or not someone is "being mean". Your best course of action is to put on your big boy pants and ignore them, report them if it's disruptive. If you can't ignore someone for 30 minutes that's just typing it's going to be a hard life.

Having fun is as much a personal decision as enjoying work.

S a i l T i m e

01-19-2013

""Having fun is as much a personal decision as enjoying work'"

good quote

gnfnrf

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riathamus View Post
What's this "Leaver level" thing? Second post I see about it...I play league for several years now and never heard of such a thing ._.

Is it something you get after a leave? How does it work?

If you leave or idle in games too much, your penalty level goes up. Each time it does, you are time banned for longer, to encourage you to either fix the technical problem dropping you, or to decide to stay to the end. How often you have to leave to trigger the system is unknown. If you never or rarely (1 in hundreds) leave, you'll never deal with it.

Sixteen Spaces

01-22-2013

Does the leaver penalty ever reset itself?

... you know, if 1000 games from now i end up dropping a few, will i go to level 1 or 2?

Grim00Reapertm

04-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieeCookie View Post
Hey Irraka,

You're not a bad person by any means. But you could have handled the situation better without leaving the game.

The Leaver system is automated, this means it won't distinguish the reasons behind why you've left a game. This is because regardless of the reason why you left a game the effects on your team mates are always the same. They are now down one person in a heavily team based game.

We know that sometimes situations happen that may require a player to leave a game. That's why it won't suspend you simply after dropping one game. There is a grace period that requires you to build a certain amount of time being away from a game before the system will take action.

Also, a leaver penalty is not permanent. As you continue to play your leaver score will decay until it reaches zero again. However, if you continued to leave games then the leaver penalty would increase, resulting in longer duration suspensions.

As for the issue at hand: a rude player that won't leave you alone. I feel like you should give our Tribunal a shot. What you should do is after the game, click on the red exclamation mark next to their name. This will report the player. You'll select a category for the report, which in this case sounds like Verbal Abuse. And then type a short note on that player's behavior.

When enough players report this player they will be sent to the Tribunal where other players can view full chat logs from their reported games. If found guilty by a majority of these players they will get their account suspended. If they refuse to clean up their behavior they will find themselves back in the Tribunal. End up in the Tribunal enough times and they will be permanently suspended.

At first glance this might not seem like a very satisfactory course of action. But as someone who reviews Tribunal cases daily, I can tell you without a doubt that it is the most effective way to get rude/foul players punished for their behavior.

It's much more productive then simply leaving, as this means the player will not be punished. If anything they may take glee in the fact that they made you rage quit.

So be sure to hit them where it hurts, and report them after the game.
same problem i have and i have been in 10+ with bad players and have lost every one got so sick of it went to ai games where last 3/10 games sucked

RavnikaZenni

04-24-2013

Necro'd!