Leaver Penalty level 1

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Irraka

02-04-2012

So I did it...finally I've left a game. I was picked on and I finally had enough so now my leaver penalty is level 1. Does this mean I'm a bad person? Like is my account flagged now in a negative status?

I wish there was some kind of way people got in trouble for driving people to quit and I know some of you will say just put them on ignore or don't listen to them but it's really hard and in the heat of the moment you just do things. *shrug*

Nyotaimori

02-04-2012

You'd be far better off waiting until the end of the game then reporting them.

However, the leaverbuster system is just automated and will increase your leaver level as you leave games. Level one is pretty much just a warning, and it will go away after you play a bunch of games that you don't leave. If you continue leaving you'll get level two and a one day ban I believe. Just try hard not to leave, sucks when the team is that bad though ;/

WookieeCookie

Player Support Lead -
Player Behavior

02-04-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Hey Irraka,

You're not a bad person by any means. But you could have handled the situation better without leaving the game.

The Leaver system is automated, this means it won't distinguish the reasons behind why you've left a game. This is because regardless of the reason why you left a game the effects on your team mates are always the same. They are now down one person in a heavily team based game.

We know that sometimes situations happen that may require a player to leave a game. That's why it won't suspend you simply after dropping one game. There is a grace period that requires you to build a certain amount of time being away from a game before the system will take action.

Also, a leaver penalty is not permanent. As you continue to play your leaver score will decay until it reaches zero again. However, if you continued to leave games then the leaver penalty would increase, resulting in longer duration suspensions.

As for the issue at hand: a rude player that won't leave you alone. I feel like you should give our Tribunal a shot. What you should do is after the game, click on the red exclamation mark next to their name. This will report the player. You'll select a category for the report, which in this case sounds like Verbal Abuse. And then type a short note on that player's behavior.

When enough players report this player they will be sent to the Tribunal where other players can view full chat logs from their reported games. If found guilty by a majority of these players they will get their account suspended. If they refuse to clean up their behavior they will find themselves back in the Tribunal. End up in the Tribunal enough times and they will be permanently suspended.

At first glance this might not seem like a very satisfactory course of action. But as someone who reviews Tribunal cases daily, I can tell you without a doubt that it is the most effective way to get rude/foul players punished for their behavior.

It's much more productive then simply leaving, as this means the player will not be punished. If anything they may take glee in the fact that they made you rage quit.

So be sure to hit them where it hurts, and report them after the game.

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2012

how can you tell whats your leaver status is? My internet been acting up recently, and I gotten 3 leaves so far in the pass week and a half.

Nyotaimori

02-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiister View Post
how can you tell whats your leaver status is? My internet been acting up recently, and I gotten 3 leaves so far in the pass week and a half.
It'll give you a popup when you log in telling you you've reached Leaver Status Level __.

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBoyNow View Post
It'll give you a popup when you log in telling you you've reached Leaver Status Level __.
Ahh okay then, thanks.

Irraka

02-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieeCookie View Post
Hey Irraka,

You're not a bad person by any means. But you could have handled the situation better without leaving the game.

The Leaver system is automated, this means it won't distinguish the reasons behind why you've left a game. This is because regardless of the reason why you left a game the effects on your team mates are always the same. They are now down one person in a heavily team based game.

We know that sometimes situations happen that may require a player to leave a game. That's why it won't suspend you simply after dropping one game. There is a grace period that requires you to build a certain amount of time being away from a game before the system will take action.

Also, a leaver penalty is not permanent. As you continue to play you're leaver score will decay until it reaches zero again. However, if you continued to leave games then the leaver penalty would increase, resulting in longer duration suspensions.

As for the issue at hand: a rude player that won't leave you alone. I feel like you should give our Tribunal a shot. What you should do is after the game, click on the red exclamation mark next to their name. This will report the player. You'll select a category for the report, which in this case sounds like Verbal Abuse. And then type a short note on that player's behavior.

When enough players report this player they will be sent to the Tribunal where other players can view full chat logs from their reported games. If found guilty by a majority of these players they will get their account suspended. If they refuse to clean up their behavior they will find themselves back in the Tribunal. End up in the Tribunal enough times and they will be permanently suspended.

At first glance this might not seem like a very satisfactory course of action. But as someone who reviews Tribunal cases daily, I can tell you without a doubt that it is the most effective way to get rude/foul players punished for their behavior.

It's much more productive then simply leaving, as this means the player will not be punished. If anything they may take glee in the fact that they made you rage quit.

So be sure to hit them where it hurts, and report them after the game.
Thanks for the very nice reply, I'll be sure to do that from now on

whatwhatintehbut

02-04-2012

bump

maas joe

08-05-2012

How long does this leave count thing take to decrease? when I just started playing I had really bad internet that kept getting d/c so I got the level 1 warning, since then I've changed ISP and disconnects are rare, I usually reconnect as soon as possible. Today I was in game and there was a 10 sec power cut, I rebooted and reconnected, there was two more power cuts right after I reconnected so I thought it best not to turn my computer back on. I have never purposefully left a game. How many games do I have to not leave for the count to go away?

laxjoh

08-05-2012

I have a question; sorry to invade your thread like this but it falls under similar lines.

I've been disconnected from games in the past (due to spotty Internet connections). Now my Internet is generally fast and effective but there are times when the wireless router just won't send data to my laptop no matter what i try (ie. resetting modem, diagnosing through laptop, reconnecting plugs, etc). This has happened to me 3 times in the past and I never got the leaver warnings but I'd like to know if people reported me for these cases, would I be punished? Granted, I could've tried longer to reconnect but after about 5-10 minutes of trying to reconnect to the Internet and it doesn't work, I usually give up altogether and just go to sleep (I only play at night most of the times due to work).