Beating Syndra?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Idignatius

04-25-2013

Idignatius here.

I main Ahri and Diana, I have plenty other mid champs but for the most part I am a very good mid player. For most of my pre-30 play, I rarely ever saw Syndra but now after level 30 and a few hundred wins I am starting to see her a lot more.

She gives me a very hard time on just about any champ I play. She screws with my positioning, she stuns me all the time, her ult is stupidly annoying due to the squishiness of mid champs, and I generally do not have fun laning against her.

Can anyone please give me some helpful hints on how to beat this insanely annoying mid champ?

Thanks.

AnaIPrincess

04-25-2013

Syndra does exceptionally well against mages she has superior range over. So when playing Diana, you should try playing safe until at least level six. As she'll just want to bully you with her Q and deny you last hits. So being able to last hit under the tower will be exceptionally helpful. Her range is actually quite deceptive, as she's quite capable of hitting you even under the turret. So be aware of that. You should also be aware that if she hits level six before you, you should be VERY careful. As if they know what they're doing, they'll definitely want to press their advantage and all in you. But once you hit six, you should have the advantage if you didn't let her hard deny you. As Syndra has quite the issue with mobile champions, especially if they're tanky to boot. Which Diana excels in. Getting an early Negatron, and turning it into an Abyssal is also a pretty good idea. I'd say as Diana, you have a significant advantage over her past level six. And as Ahri, it's pretty much even and comes down to skill alone in who has the better jungler and who can get their combos off better.

Danica1708

04-25-2013

Well, as a Syndra player myself, I will admit, she is annoying to go up against, especially as Syndra. She kinda counters herself and it's funny, because I end up freaking myself out and losing against the opponent Syndra all the time. Honestly, my best suggestion is to pick up a mid anti-mage like Veigar or Kassadin, even Talon. Since Veigar is free this week, you can get some pretty good practice with him now if you choose to use him. If you play very long range champions, Twisted Fate is an example, abuse you're range advantage. Syndra is a mid range mage. However, her stun goes farther the closer it is to her when she uses Scatter the Weak, her knock back wave. It's basically impossible to dodge her stun unless you have very good reflexes with Flash, or are very good with Kayle's heal/speed boost, or are good with Kassadin's Rift Walk. LeBlanc is nice against her because she's got a silence that can be extended. Hiding behind minions against her is pointless as I'm sure you're figured out. Her Q telegraphs itself though, her orb creation, so if you can dodge it, you've kept a significant portion of her damage output off of you, especially since her passive gives her Q 15% more damage to champions. So if you keep her at a distance, keep her from poking you with Q, and master an anti-mage, you should be ok. If you're willing to play Syndra, you can learn the ins and outs of her and learn to counter her easier if my suggestions aren't enough. I hope this helps though!

redkiller92

04-25-2013

hate her