ADC Questions from a noob-like creature

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sceadeau

04-25-2013

Hey all,

Been playing for just over a month, playing adc or support the whole way up - and am now level 28. Usually, my opponents are better than me early game. I lose the lane, and have learned (through copious amounts of practice) what to do in the situations where I've lost my lane. I typically farm some jungle creeps, farm creeps near my second bot tower, occasionally collapse in on other team fights but generally just keep my nose to the grindstone and keep up the farm to try to catch up.

But, the past couple of days, for the first time ever, really, I've been winning my lane. Well, now what? The mid game when I'm up is a bit foreign to me. I'm worried that if I keep pushing, I'll be caught out of position and killed. If I stick around jungle/mid and come back when the creep wave is pushed back to bot, I feel like I'm just wasting time I could be pressing my advantage.

In short, I'm letting them back into the game and not advancing myself.

What am I supposed to do?

Sergent Baikov

04-25-2013

Quote:
I'm worried that if I keep pushing, I'll be caught out of position and killed.
So this IS exactly what will happen if you are playing against a team with any common sense.

Quote:
If I stick around jungle/mid and come back when the creep wave is pushed back to bot, I feel like I'm just wasting time I could be pressing my advantage.
Well, the best thing you could do as a fed adc in mid game is help the jungle out with ganking or get your support to help you gank while your jungle is doing something else. If you have already destroyed the opposing bot's first tower than generally you should help push top and mid, but make sure that you DON'T take their farm because although this may benefit you it WILL upset most teamates (at least in non-ranked games) as well as take away from their ability to contribute to the team.

Hope this helps

paShadoWn

04-26-2013

Well the best strategy for playing duo bot is to push them to their tower and keep them there. Why?
- It denies them farm
- It gives you early tower kill
- It frees your jungler to farm or help other lanes
- It provokes their jungler to failgank or waste time "defending" tower
- It generally breaks their morale, especially if you kill them a few times

Of course, you have to buy 2 wards and place them at dragon and tribush.

The best comp for this is Soraka Caitlyn, with endless q barrage and heals.