Advice for Laners

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Killzerz

02-04-2012

A small piece of advice coming from a jungler: One of the big factors we take into account when ganking is what your life is, as well as the opponents. Do not expect help if you are nearly dead, you wouldn't be able to help me and I would probably die because they are levels and CS ahead of me. Try to at least match the opponents so we have a good opportunity. And believe me, good junglers are ganking every chance they get, but that means only about a third of the time will I gank your lane (there are three lanes). Do not whine we are not ganking, we probably are, just not your lane at the moment. I had a 0/5/1 Nunu and 0/5/3 Ezreal complain at me (4/2/7 with most CS on team [seriously, I wasn't even trying to farm]) about being terrible. I put myself in there shoes and tried to understand from their point of view and tried to evaluate why I ganked bottom (and got kills) sometimes and sometimes I didn't. These were the best answers I could get. Even though I ganked all lanes multiple times, controlled buffs, farmed hard, and attempted to build 4 items centered around the team (FH, AotL, Shurleia's, Omen [only managed 2]) I still was complained at. In the future, it is better if you miss some CS but stay at a good health amount level so we can kill the opponents, allowing you free farm to farm up more than that missed amount of CS.

Tl;dr- If you stay at a healthy level of HP in lane and maybe miss a couple CS (5-10ish throughout laning phase [you'll get free farm to make up for it]) so you avoid bad trades, it makes it way easier for the jungle to gank and put a lot of pressure on the lanes.

Mr AIex

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2012

I'm going to jump on this thread to offer some other common reasons why I don't gank:

-You are significantly winning your lane. If you are ahead in CS and kills, you don't need me. The team is better off with me helping other lanes or just farming and securing map control.

-You are pushed to their tower. Yes there's a chance I will do a lane gank but if it's going to require a lot of time waiting for them to counter push/leave their tower, it might not be worth it.

-I need to cover other lanes due to deaths. Most people just pay attention to their own lanes in the beginning of the game but you wouldn't believe how much is happening elsewhere on the map.

Be patient, ask for help, communicate, win.

Prescription

02-04-2012

Countless times I get blamed for not ganking.
When I do gank, they die and blame it on me.
Hate solo que.

Killzerz

02-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Toulouse View Post
I'm going to jump on this thread to offer some other common reasons why I don't gank:

-You are significantly winning your lane. If you are ahead in CS and kills, you don't need me. The team is better off with me helping other lanes or just farming and securing map control.

-You are pushed to their tower. Yes there's a chance I will do a lane gank but if it's going to require a lot of time waiting for them to counter push/leave their tower, it might not be worth it.

-I need to cover other lanes due to deaths. Most people just pay attention to their own lanes in the beginning of the game but you wouldn't believe how much is happening elsewhere on the map.

Be patient, ask for help, communicate, win.
Good advice! Thank you!

Toralt

02-05-2012

Honestly, all are very good reasons for a jungler to not go to a lane except ironically I feel is the first one. If a lane is struggling, sometimes added support (not a gank) will keep them from being dived. But yes I know the frustration of people always blaming the jungler. Out of all the roles, I required the most map awareness as instead of just handling the one lane you were assigned you have three of them to juggle. You can't be everyhwre at once. People also have trouble understanding the fact that circumstance doesn't always keep a jungler near by. Instantly being across the map to their lane can't just happen.

Killzerz

02-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toralt View Post
Honestly, all are very good reasons for a jungler to not go to a lane except ironically I feel is the first one. If a lane is struggling, sometimes added support (not a gank) will keep them from being dived. But yes I know the frustration of people always blaming the jungler. Out of all the roles, I required the most map awareness as instead of just handling the one lane you were assigned you have three of them to juggle. You can't be everyhwre at once. People also have trouble understanding the fact that circumstance doesn't always keep a jungler near by. Instantly being across the map to their lane can't just happen.
Very true. Although I do think if they need help you should let them heal up before ganking, that way you will actually succeed and not feed.