Tanks should get more points?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BBQFox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2012

I don't mean tanks in general, but anyone who is in combat on top of a base should get a constant stream of points (1 or 2 depending on contested)? I only say this because I had an Alistar who held bases for minutes at a time and stalled quite a few idi-.. players. He ended up being last though winning the game, and his match history was full of ****tons of damage taken but always below 3rd...

Mad Suppordle

02-04-2012

You do get a constant influx of points for defending your own captured locations.

Also points are kinda dumb. Don't worry about them.

RobotDrZaius

02-04-2012

Points just give you a vague indication of who was contributing or not. They don't really matter as long as you win...

Veztai

02-04-2012

Just ignore the point system. The tank getting the win and +elo should be reward enough, :3

Mibuwolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2012

+1 for removing point system.

Kedali

02-04-2012

Points really don't mean much at all considering that bot lane almost always gets the fewest points despite being extremely crucial to winning.

Encouraging

02-04-2012

Score should really be removed for a variety of reasons, it encourages bad play.

Fulgr1m

02-04-2012

People place to much emphasis on points. If you win the game, you did great end of story .

HibbityJibbity

02-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encouraging View Post
Score should really be removed for a variety of reasons, it encourages bad play.
it shouldn't be removed, it should just be based on different criteria entirely. it's extremely good design to reward players for doing things they are supposed to. they just astronomically ****ed up what they thought people were supposed to be doing in dominion, so who ends up in first is somewhere between random assortments of being at the right place at the right time, or some selfish ***** who deliberately goes for points without doing **** that helps the team just because that helpful thing doesn't give them a bonus.

the OP makes a perfect example of one of those things. you should be rewarded more points for defending, but you shouldn't get points for being a moron and dying on the point.

slyguy6802

02-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mibuwolf View Post
+1 for removing point system.
You can't remove the point system. Points guide people into making better game play decisions. Yes the point system isn't always fair but i'ts decent for right now.

Something that I think that they could add in is points for sitting in the bushes near the point while not actually on it. Essentially you are defending the point but you are also not giving away your position to the other team. Arguably worth more points yet should be equivalent for more practical purposes.