Alright, I'd like to give a friendly word of advice to all of the new rammus players.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JacKetamine

02-04-2012

Health has great synergy with resistances.

You get 150 of each resistance for free via your W.

Resistances are still great, but health + small resistances (aegis, mercs, tabi) make you MUCH more tanky than stacking resistances with no health. If you have 2000 hp and 400 armor with W on, a last whisper will make you die very quickly.

There seem to be a lot of new rammus players out there that rush boots of mobility and thornmail no matter what. They follow that up with more armor. Sunfire and frozen heart are usually the top contenders. I prefer Randuin's because heart of gold is nice to have early even on dominion. Out farming your opponents always helps, and like I said, flat health s great on rammus!

2 AD casters and 2 AP top? Don't rush thornmail. Get mercs and health for the early to mid game.

2 right clickers and 2 ap? Don't rush thornmail. Yes, seriously. Ninja tabi and some health will deter their damage long enough in the early game.

2 rick clickers, 1 AD caster, and an AP? Don't. Rush. Thornmail. Same as before, unless the AP is missing all their skillshots and the right clickers are dominating, you really dont need more than some early armor and health. Tabi, maybe a chain vest, and health. The main reason to get a thornmail is to stop righ clickers in the late game. They need time to vamp up, the AD caster is going to be doing more than them for a bit.

Now, 3 right clickers + anytyhing else? OKAY. YOU CAN RUSH THORNMAIL. It might not even be optimal, but I can totally see your logic and if you wanna do it, go for it.

It just seems to me that health is so undervalues by a lot of the player base. A ruby crystal might not seem like a whole lot, but if you're level 3-6 and you have a ruby crystal on your opponent, you're going to be able to take a ton more punishment. 2 spells, 4-5 auto attacks, a summoner spell, etc.

tl;dr stop buying flat resists with no health. especially on Rammus.

Fulgr1m

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2012

Totally agree, I have a friend who does the same thing with Rammus and makes me /facepalm myself when he gets popped in team fights. Sunfire cape, shurelias reverly, and FoN(or Odins Veil) along with whatever boots are needed are good core items to have on him. I'd imagine the new Iron Solari Locket wouldn't be a bad call either with that health and armor, along with that shield!

JacKetamine

02-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulgr1m View Post
Totally agree, I have a friend who does the same thing with Rammus and makes me /facepalm myself when he gets popped in team fights. Sunfire cape, shurelias reverly, and FoN(or Odins Veil) along with whatever boots are needed are good core items to have on him. I'd imagine the new Iron Solari Locket wouldn't be a bad call either with that health and armor, along with that shield!
Yeah I'm definately gonna be getting solari if there's only 1-2 AD on the other team if I don't need the randuin's active.

People seem to think gold per 10 items are bad on dominion, but I don't really see what makes them any less valuable in dominion (other than philo stone, but that upgrades into one of the best items in the game, period)

Erazmus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2012

I like to go mobility, randuin's, FoN, Frozen mallet. Games usually don't get this far but then I can get sunfire/thornmail/banshee's/frozen heart as necessary

Fulgr1m

02-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacKetamine View Post
Yeah I'm definately gonna be getting solari if there's only 1-2 AD on the other team if I don't need the randuin's active.

People seem to think gold per 10 items are bad on dominion, but I don't really see what makes them any less valuable in dominion (other than philo stone, but that upgrades into one of the best items in the game, period)
I think it's mainly because you dont get as much out of g/5 in a 20 minute Dominion match as a 40 minute SR match, but if the item builds into something you want, why not get it?

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH

02-04-2012

inb4 everyone copies my boots + 5 Ruby build

Xavderion

02-04-2012

What about a tanky derps build on Rammus? Fratmas and maybe some magic resist. Someone tried this yet?

lastspartan24

02-04-2012

ive built magic resist and health the lst few times i played straight casters to help offset but they can still get the magic pen, but still a fun build i do agree abotu randiuns its great for the slow and the quick start of gold, ive been experimitng with the build you have seems alot easier.

Kiddalee

02-04-2012

I get Mallet on Rammus in Dominion. It's the healthiest item on the map, and the slow gives him even more crowd control.

lastspartan24

02-04-2012

yea im add that in this game thx