Why so many AFKs in dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IlIlIIIlllIIIIll

02-03-2012

Over my last fifty game more than thirty have featured someone afk from the start on one of the teams. I used to think I was just complaining until I started keeping a tally and realized just how bad the AFK problem is in this gametype.
Is there some technical issue here keeping people from connecting? It didnt seem so bad until a week ago or so.

Viktoree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2012

I find this to be a serious problem in Blind Pick, I assume it's mostly due to SR players trolling/being ******s.

v4v3nd3774

02-03-2012

Never had an issue with it in Draft.

Hozartis

02-04-2012

Looking up your Elo, I think it's because you're at the very starting level. Some of these players have never played a MOBA and are just starting out in LoL, so they have no real investment to continue and finish the game. The amount of AFKs will decrease as you get better and raise your Elo, since you start dealing with people who are more interested in finishing games.

IlIlIIIlllIIIIll

02-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hozartis View Post
Looking up your Elo, I think it's because you're at the very starting level. Some of these players have never played a MOBA and are just starting out in LoL, so they have no real investment to continue and finish the game. The amount of AFKs will decrease as you get better and raise your Elo, since you start dealing with people who are more interested in finishing games.
They aren't even starting though. It isn't a matter of skill dominion is pretty impossi le to carry 4/5 from the start.