Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Morello challenge: bust open the meta (AP mid edition)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tempname1032

01-04-2013

ya

Magni

01-04-2013

Bruisers & AP Carries in the Mid Lane (http://runeprison.blogspot.com/2013/01/bruisers-ap-carries-in-mid-lane.html)

CuDen

01-04-2013

ya dun goofd

Wezz

01-04-2013

as long as ap casters can have a place in the lanes instead of bing replaced, move them somewhere in a different lane?

Critkeeper

01-04-2013

Quote:
Morello:
Hey folks,

I've been theory-crafting and would like to get some hands on his ways to shake the meta apart. Not only is it fun, but it keeps things fresh!

I'd like to see what counters to AP mids you guys can get results out of that are not AP mids. Examples of champions I could see having a shot would be Talon, Xin, or Riven.

Let's all go try some crazy stuff (may wanna duo or team!) and see if we can find new strategies. I look forward to looking at your opinions

EDIT: The challenge is to go think of ideas to go try, not theory-craft. Experimentation is the challenge!

I've never lost a mid lane as tryndamere when the opponent is an ap carry with melee attacks. For example, against katarina, diana, or kassadin. I have about 400 games as tryndamere in solo que ranked between season 2 and season 3 and I've tried tryndamere mid about 40 times, both in solo que and in a team setting, so this isn't theory crafting. Tryndamere cannot be bursted from full in one combo once he hits 6, and before then he has more than enough sustain to weather any harassment from his opponent. Other than that, he just bullies his lane opponent from minions; gragas might hit hard and be used to zoning other melee champs from minions, but he doesn't hit like tryndamere.

iNightmareX

01-04-2013

AP Mids are falling out of the Meta, this really needs to be fixed...

PabloConQueso

01-04-2013

10/10 necro

Zectra

01-04-2013

Quote:
BVANFTW:
Going out side of the mid section of this but staying in the realm of counter-meta. My friends and I run tri-lanes bot sometimes. Its always really, really funny.

I've gone against teams like this a few times. The teams that did it have always lost.

Our jungler just starts destroying all the lanes, including bottom, giving us a huge lead.
Mainly because the enemy mid and top still have to worry about ganks while ours don't, meanwhile bottom is depriving itself of gold and exp.
When the jungler comes to gank bot, the enemy bot has to deal with three people that out-level them

tempname1032

01-04-2013

bump ty

Snailygoat

01-04-2013

Was - "Only AP mid is so boring, meta so boring"

Now - "Only AD mid so boring, meta so boring"

One thing to take into account, most of the AD mids are assassins. So what is the next step?