Minions and wave pushing

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2012

As much as I hate the fact that the Dominion minions suicide once they hit a recently captured point, I have to disagree. If the minions built up in uber waves, as in your suggestion, more people would realize how critical they are to success. Point defense would get significantly more difficult, too.

Never mind the fact that wave-clearing champs would go from meh-status to god-tier overnight. We'd be seeing AP Sions, Morganas, Xeraths, etc in every game. And I like being one of the few Morg and Xerath players. So... there's that...

HibbityJibbity

02-04-2012

it's annoying that they suicide at first glance but when you consider that you get to push the second tower harder just because you took the first is a rather silly advantage. it should be harder to cap the enemy points as you collect more points, not easier. without suiciding, a 3 wave minion group turns into a 4 wave minion group and instantly pushes for a 4 cap in less than a minute without any help at all. it's dumb.

comparing it to summoner's rift is irrelevent. SR towers are titans compared to Dom towers which switches teams more than an unfaithful girlfriend. if you don't know how to use minions to your advantage in Dominion, that sounds like a personal problem, since they are clearly very useful for taking a tower. i get the impression that you don't play any bottom lane in dominion and simply run around ganking people with no regard for the flow of tower control. it's either that or you don't play dominion in general and you're talking out of your ass.

if anything, they are massively more useful than SR, and the more i think about it, the more hilarious i find it for you to take the position otherwise. minions don't do **** in SR as far as tower aggression goes. they are for farming, and you push the waves to deny gold/exp and assert map control indirectly by forcing the team to go collect their farm deep in their own territory, leaving dragon and buff fights easier to gain a group fight advantage on. the only minions that matter in terms of pushing down towers and winning the game are super creeps. regular ones can't kill an undefended tower in a single push of a couple minion waves like Dominion minions can.

case in point: 2 waves at your undefended tower in SR is lost gold/exp, 2 waves at your undefended tower in Dom is a neutralized tower.

MVpmack

02-05-2012

I don't really like that people are assuming that a big minion wave causes some massive snowball effect.

1: A large minion wave is braindead easy to clear for most pushing champs, so it forces teams to have some sort of pusher. Because pushing champs are strong in Dom already, I'm not sure this is needed. However, minion waves are easy to clear in general. It only takes a small number to cap a turret and they die as part of the capturing process. The snowball would usually be small.

It feeds the enemy team gold? This is somewhat true, but because minions take damage and suicide on the turret as they capture it, they're getting less opportunity for gold than you already took from them. You are last-hitting the minions in the lane, right?

Either way, minions are very powerful on Dom. A large stack of minions can cap a turret and is an immediate threat the enemy team has to answer. If you play around this fact, you can use it akin to split pushing in SR and force the enemy to be somewhere clearing minions while you use their time to obtain jungle control or gank the pusher.