AD Ranged and AP Ranged Carry Tier List for Solo Queue (Summoner's Rift)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dkerbs

02-03-2012

***** Updated Feb. 4, 2012 *****

AD Ranged Carry:

1. Graves
2. Sivir
3. Vayne
4. Ashe
5. Caitlyn
6. Corki
7. Kog’Maw
8. Tristana
9. Twitch
10. Ezreal
11. Urgot
12. Miss Fortune
13. Twisted Fate

AP Ranged Carry:

1. Morgana
2. Kennen
3. Ryze
4. Cassiopeia
5. Ahri
6. Karthus
7. Vladimir
8. Ziggs
9. Brand
10. LeBlanc
11. Annie
12. Xerath
13. Malzahar
14. Veigar
15. Anivia
16. Zilean
17. Lux
18. Heimerdinger
19. Swain
20. Orianna
21. Viktor

AP Melee Mid Champs Not Included (with approximate rank): Kassadin (1), Fizz (8), Gragas (14)

Comments:
AD:
Sivir has been bumped up, via the comments. I forgot about how OP her spell shield is for her kit. It is really close between her, Graves, and Vayne. Each has the potential to do a ton of damage and win team fights for your team. I’m putting Ashe at #4 ahead of Cait for her pure utility of the ice arrow for initiation, 2v2s, escape, etc. Plus her slow still makes her the best for kiting. Caitlyn is just behind Ashe, and I’ve bumped Corki down to #6, because as one person mentioned, he takes a LOT of skill to play properly and when considering these lists, I want to include as many aspects about a champ as possible (including how difficult they are to play vs. similar champs/dissimilar champs/in general). So ya, he’s still OP, but I’d feel a lot more confident if I saw any of the other 5 aforementioned champs on my team’s roster. I also bumped Tristana up, followed by Twitch, Ezreal, and Urgot.

AP:
Kennen bumped to #2, Ryze to #3. Cass and Ahri, bumped as well, to #3, and #4. Both have solid damage and excel in team fights. Moved LeBlanc ahead of Annie, so that it now goes Brand, LeBlanc, Annie. Also, Xerath was moved up a bit, followed by Malz, Veigar, and Anivia. I think it’s really close between Malz and Veigar. They are both really good at disrupting enemy teams.

cookehz

02-03-2012

There are actually some lists out there for ranked games, but I'd say this is a solid list. However, if I may, several comments:
- I think Cait is better than Corki bot.
- I think Ashe is a very viable pick for bot as well and I'd rate her maybe 4th or 5th place myself.
- Kassadin is also banned quite a bit in ranked/draft pick (with good reason.) I'd say he's easily top 5 as well.

dkerbs

02-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookehz View Post
There are actually some lists out there for ranked games, but I'd say this is a solid list. However, if I may, several comments:
- I think Cait is better than Corki bot.
- I think Ashe is a very viable pick for bot as well and I'd rate her maybe 4th or 5th place myself.
- Kassadin is also banned quite a bit in ranked/draft pick (with good reason.) I'd say he's easily top 5 as well.
I agree on the Cait over Corki assessment and I also just plain out forgot Ashe somehow, so I added her. I didn't include Kassadin since his auto attacks aren't "ranged", which is what this list was primarily intended to focus on, but I definitely agree that he is super OP, and probably would be #1 or 2 for overall AP carry in solo queue. Rumble and Cho are missing for the same reason (aa aren't ranged), but both are viable AP mid picks.

corallein

02-03-2012

No Gragas in the list. And Fizz is a melee champion, btw.
Brand and Annie are too high. Not that they've changed and are terrible now, but some champions are just better than them now. Annie's spell range is kinda short and Brand is a long-CD nuker with some reliance on his team to protect him until the enemy team gets into a position where Brand can unload on them.

Ahri is too low. She's incredible. Good laning phase, great mobility, great burst. Hard to shut down and can snowball into a win.
Same with Cassiopeia. If you're good with the snake, you can easily snowball your lane domination into a win. The damage she outputs from 2 to 18 is just insane.
Karthus is a little too high for solo queue. He's super squishy and doesn't have a great laning phase. He's also pretty dependent on his team since he's a short-range caster with his Defile aura.
Veigar should be way higher. He's hard to play since how good he does is highly dependent on your skill with the stun, but his laning phase is MUCH better now and his ability to 100->0 someone is a huge tide turner. Also his ability to stun or zone the entire enemy team.
Malzahar is too high. He can solo kill an enemy like Veigar, but at much higher risk to himself and can be countered by QSS. And with all the QSS usage seen in tournament nowadays, I think people have finally realized how good that item is.

Ashe is waaaaaaaaaaaaay too high. Stick her at the bottom of the list is more accurate. Her laning phase is terrible versus everyone else, and the utility of ECA doesn't make up for that and her weaker end-game damage.

But lots of stuff is subjective anyway. Some stuff is commonly agreed (eg. Viktor is garbage), but lots of other stuff is FotM or personal preference.

Okami Kageteiru

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2012

teemo more viable ad carry than urgot? X'D puh-lease

SnowTEK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-03-2012

mfw> Tristana owns everyone elses face

dkerbs

02-03-2012

Not sure why I put Teemo on there in the first place, since he is played hybrid mostly anyway. Removed him, and bumped Urgot. Also bumped Ahri, Cass, Veigar, and Heimer. I think Ashe is still really good and her ulti has a lot of utility (initation, wining 2v2s, securing kills, etc.) Maybe she should be lower, but I'm leaving her where she is for now.

xXCFXx Avenger

02-03-2012

like the idea, dislike the choices.

Graves should be first jsut cause OP atm.
then vayne because of true dmg
then Corki because of high dmg (no one saw his most recent buffs, 70% win ratio as corki)

AP
cass (highest dmg in game)
Ryze (CC, dmg, farm)
Xerath (range + dmg)

PS for all the ppl saying corki < cait...give me a break. Cait doesn't lose lane, doens't win lane (even in CS/kills) lane, Corki wins mid/late.

dkerbs

02-03-2012

Agree with the AD comments, Graves kit is prob better overall. Also, forgot to put Sivir in. Added her.

Strikerfox

02-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by avenger2142 View Post
like the idea, dislike the choices.

Graves should be first jsut cause OP atm.
then vayne because of true dmg
then Corki because of high dmg (no one saw his most recent buffs, 70% win ratio as corki)

AP
cass (highest dmg in game)
Ryze (CC, dmg, farm)
Xerath (range + dmg)

PS for all the ppl saying corki < cait...give me a break. Cait doesn't lose lane, doens't win lane (even in CS/kills) lane, Corki wins mid/late.
I want to know your Corki build. I find him too mana dependent, but I would like to use him more. When I'm balancing a team and a ranged champ is needed I usually go ad graves or ap fiddles.