How to lane Nasus vs Rumble?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ToobeZ

02-03-2012

So, I've been rocking nasus for a while, however there is one lane, and one lane only, that has been giving me huge problems. This is Nasus vs Rumble
I generally start negatron + 2 pots or boots/3pot (still figuring the starting items out) and rushing merc treads as fast as I can. I then rush for a negatron cloak as well as a spirit visage for the added sustain and MR. However, I can never seem to beat rumble in lane. Is there any way to beat rumble without simply letting him free farm all day until the minions (finally) reach my tower so I can farm?
Also please don't tell me to "not pick nasus vs rumble", as the majority of these occasions occur when the enemy rumble is picked after me (counterpicked)

corallein

02-03-2012

Give up and cry, because there simply isn't any way except for outside intervention.
Or let him push down the tower and freeze the lane on your side.

NicoTan

02-03-2012

Top should be the last one to pick, because is the easier to counterpick. Doing that, your chances to get counterpicked are less.

Rush philo, then situational boots (merc this case). If you are getting high outfarmed, HoG. Negatron and go fot trinity. Then tank items.

Play defensive and just try to farm Q. Ask for jungler gank, even if you cannot get him down.

DoctorGentleman

02-03-2012

Start with boots + pots, and get them built quickly into merc treads. Ignore Rumble as much as you can from levels 1-5 while getting as much Q-farm as you can. Don't underestimate your passive lifesteal, and with starting boots first you will better be able to dodge his skillshots. Get a vampyric scepter if relying in lifesteal is working well for you. If he hits you from afar, hit a minion and steal some of that hp back. Try not to face him off until you build your treads, or level 6. Nasus is one of the weakest lv1 champs, but quickly ramps up by 6 if you are q-farming properly, even with average q-farming. I can't tell you how many times I've been low health with Nasus and the enemy thinks he'll be an easy kill and try to face-off, but between his passive and his ult you just explode into a big monolith of damage, especially if you're using exhaust and ignite.

Attico

02-03-2012

I agree with the good Doctor. Botts and pots are the way to go against him. I try to bait him to flame me before I actually go in for my SS hit. I run in, get him to flame out, then turn back and SS. Still take damage, but not as much. I always run Nasus with MR blues and I keep a page for more armor or MR depending on lane. So far I've been able to farm ok, really no different than when they send ranged against me.

corallein

02-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attico View Post
I try to bait him to flame me before I actually go in for my SS hit. I run in, get him to flame out, then turn back and SS. Still take damage, but not as much.
Why would a Rumble preemptively turn on Flamethrower?
What should happen is:
1. Nasus runs in to SS a creep
2. Nasus gets in melee range of the creep
3. Rumble tags Nasus with a short-range Harpoon
4. Rumble turns on Flamethrower and does tons of damage to Nasus
5. Rumble tags Nasus with the second Harpoon
6. Nasus loses half his life for one SS kill

I dislike assuming that the enemy is a bad player. The only farming Nasus can get against a Rumble player that knows how to play is at your tower, while the Rumble is away, or if the Rumble is scared of getting ganked.
Or if Rumble got ganked and shut down early by your jungler, which is another unreliable assumption.