Tanky Wukong

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

soulsurvivorxx

02-03-2012

Hey I just played a game in normal match all lvl 30 people and I tried out a tanky build that still can deal damage. I went 19-4-18 and wanted your guys opinion on how it is and if there is any changes you would make to it.

Mercery Boots/Ninja Tabi (depends on other team)
Trinity Force
Warmogs
Atmas Impaler
Banshees Veil
Frozen Mallet.

At the end of this build you should have 4500HP and around 270-280 AD. What you guys think?

Tripc0de

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2012

If you had that much hp, take FoN over Banshees.

Also, lets take a look at that:
Armor:121(+25 tabi)~60%reduction(after tabi)
MR: 102.5(+25 mercs)~ 55% reduction(after mercs)
Hp: 4560
AD: 252.8

Basically, here are my thoughts: lack of sustain, lack of resistances and just a ton of hp.
Taking frozen mallet in addition to trinity is a bit of a waste. And There are better items to take over Warmogs, as its really not cost-efficient.

If both teams were equally fed and you weren't ahead, you would generally get torn to shreds in most teamfights.

Generally I would've gone:

Wriggles(for taking objectives, counter jungling and free wards, sustain, and damage)
Randuins(hpregen, hp, cdr)
Atma's
Trinity
Situational slot:
Heavy ap-fon
Balanced-Aegis/Hexdrinker
Getting focused on-GA

Mercs or tabi.

Why more resistances and less hp?

Effectively, every 10 points of armor= 100 hp~

So Randuin's gives 75 armor, 350 hp + a slow, giving effectively 1100 hp. Sure it's still 170 less than warmog's but it slows attacker's AS by 35% whenever they hit you, and has an active that provides an aoe slow, as well as a small CDR.

Armor-effective hp

soulsurvivorxx

02-03-2012

Well you do get 2% AD from atmas from your HP. So could you recommend me a build and I could try ti next game.

Tripc0de

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2012

If you want a general build sure..

Solotop- Wriggles, triforce, randuin's, Atma's, *your item of choice*, mercs or tabi.

Tokinatoor

02-03-2012

I love Wukong in Domion and 3 v 3 and I use a similar build to Tripc0de

In 3 v 3

Wriggles and mercs first. (Wukong NEEDS mobility and most champions have a CC in late game because rylais/phage)

Followed by Warmogs (frozen mallet against when it counters) and atmas then triforce but tri force can be built before tanky items.

Then choose between more dps (bloodthirster and IE are my favs but black Cleaver is good)

Tanyness I use FoN for synergy with warmogs

Banshee is better with randuins imo for more health.

Just build wriggles first and then build bloodthirster, warmogs or tri force and you cant go wrong!

I just hate Randuins as an item... Atmas already gives you armor, and if your really gettting the sh*t beat out of you from a fed tryn buy thornmail.

It works wonders against some champs (but useless against others)