Best champs to play dominion with

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Marotte the Fool

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2012

ok first off, I do fairly well when I play dominion. However, I usually get that "one person" who doesnt know what they are doing or refuses to play correctly.

so my questions are:

what champs can CARRY a dominion game? I know this is possible

what champs are just good to compliment most teams?

how do you start out? do you use the new items such as prospectors or do you start into your builds w/ boots?

i would like to improve my w/l in dominion, i think the best starting position is to start at champ select and game start.

Ascleph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2012

Either a stomping bot champ or a roamer that can control bot and top, thats as far as "carrying" as you'll get.

Kirby4Life

02-03-2012

I dont know about carry but Rammus is always a viable choice....

Summoner Spells: Ghost & Garrison

Starting Items: +5 Boots & Cloth Armor

Ending Items: +5 Boots, Sunfire Cape, FoN, GA (usualy the game ends before you need a 6th item....)

Skills: 1 on Powerball & 2 on Taunt

Note:

~Dont do anything silly till your team gets to the top and youll be fine....
~Ninja cap when you can.... Its easy to get tunnel vision in this game...
~USE THE SPEED SHRINE!!
~Ulti>Taunt>W>Q

zionist shill

02-03-2012

Eve.

VenomBurn

02-03-2012

I have played some 200 + dominion games. (love it)

The top 10 Champs IMO

10) Vayne and Yorick are tied. Both are very strong characters if played correctly.
9)Gangplank - suffers from the lack of status effects but ultimate can be fired anywhere and can deal very good damage.
8)Shaco - solid defender with lot of tricks. can hold a tower by himself even when out numbered.
7) Kassadin - almost impossible to kill in the right hands.
6) Ryze - great attacking champion able to deal a lot of damage in a group, can suffer alone.
5) Akali - great movement and Damage and Twilight Shroud makes tower defending a breeze.
4)Pantheon - the ultimate defender. lots of damage, hit hp and armor and an ult that allows almost full screen movement can single handy sway the tide of battle.
3) Twitch - amazing ganker in dominion. Invis with poison power can damage a large group and escapes very effortlessly.
2)Rammus - tough to take down, ult is a ***** and has great movement around the field A+ dominion Champ.
1)Blitzcrank - I know I am going to get some heat for this but he has all the tools needed to dominate in dominion. Rocket Grab- breaks up formations, dragging opponents into a tower for a quick gank is just too fun. Overdrive also for easy of map movement to defend and attack un protected points. Lots of life makes him hard to put down and aoe Static Field can turn the tide when other champs are trying to launch attack ext.

now other character can be very effective. I myself use Fiddlesticks the most. i love the mass silence and terrify. as it allows me to juggle and crow storm always me to attack towers with abomb! and drain keeps you from having to portal back all the time. but the list is the champs i see the most and are the most annoy and easy of use in dominion

hope this helps.

Glorious Bird

02-03-2012

Wukong, Kass, Yorick.

Probably the most OP champions available that I don't see get constantly banned.

ActionButlerGO

02-03-2012

Add Poppy and Cassiopeia (and maybe Heimer) to Venom's list and I think that's about right.

Actually, I might remove Akali from the list. Maybe...

Glorious Bird

02-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionButlerGO View Post
Add Poppy and Cassiopeia (and maybe Heimer) to Venom's list and I think that's about right.

Actually, I might remove Akali from the list. Maybe...
Poppy and Akali are both nothing when they get focused.

Same problem with Heimer anyone with high burst+ignite or a gap closer will disintegrate him for the majority of the game taking away his early/mid bottom domination. Plus is there a champion more vulnerable to ganks, even?

Murgang

02-04-2012

stun bot leona + 3 high dps/burst champs = win

Hozartis

02-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Bird View Post
Poppy and Akali are both nothing when they get focused.
Wait what? How are you focusing Poppy? She has an ultimate that specifically counters that strategy.