Skin Sale: 50% Off Cryocore Brand, Golden Alistar, and Perseus Pantheon

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DreadBeard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2012

When are the prices of older champions going to be permanently reduced?

fireblasterxx

Recruiter

02-03-2012

my league of legends isn't working riot could you help me?

Lhyanc

02-03-2012

Nice!!!

Teganze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2012

Every time I see an announcement beginning with 'Skin Sale...', I get my hopes up, but once again there's no Obsidian Malph .

Emperor Taihaku

02-03-2012

holy **** !now i can finally put my 217 rp to use! lol

Labomba

02-03-2012

Finally, PERSEUS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falleth View Post
And you got most of it wrong.

Playerbase outrage, because dumb****s want free stuff; like nobody ever received free stuff to get active again.

Tryndamere said "I will look into it" - but they decided they won't give it away to all of you *******, because that would be just stupid.

TL;DR - greedy community is greedy as hell
I think people were more upset with the fact that inactive accounts were rewarded for being inactive. "Let's give a nice skin away to people who don't appreciate or care to play the game". I know Riot wants people to play their game, but I think they handled that incentive totally wrong. Instead, they should have given all active accounts the Pantheon skin as a thanks to continued success, and emailed the inactive accounts saying "Play LoL again and you, too, can obtain the Perseus Pantheon skin". Win, win, win. The inactive players get an incentive to come back to the game, the active players are rewarded, and Riot will see an increased player base.

Or, simply remind inactive accounts of all the new features (lol) that have been introduced to the game. I mean... are people really going to re-activate their accounts and play LoL just because they received a skin? I don't think that's why they quit in the first place.

Dr FreakinSmarts

02-03-2012

golden alistars a joke right...

Unholyrath

02-03-2012

One of the cheapest skins on sale?

Well done, Riot....

Ja5h1n

02-03-2012

i feel sad for not taking up the skin sale for gp can you maybe do a half-price 520 gp skin?

Erekai

02-03-2012

Cryocore Brand is a cool skin, but I don't own him and have no real desire to buy him.

Looking forward to next week I guess.