Talon mid.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AtrumViscus

02-03-2012

Is talon a viable mid against ap casters in general?

Zeero

02-03-2012

Not sure about mid but I've had a ton of success with Talon soloing top. I'm sure that he would do fine mid as well. His silence and gap closer allow him to really put the pain on caster. I use Talon to counter pick people like Soraka bot on Dominion, I imagine he could do similarly to other AP mids in SR.

AtrumViscus

02-03-2012

What about ahri and cass?

Amoc

02-03-2012

I'd just worry about last hitting with Talon. I'm sure he'd play a lot like Katarina at mid, but have more problems farming. Katarina can farm by spamming shunpo and BB, and doesn't have to worry about mana. Talon would likely have to rely more on melee last hitting, which against certain champs could be a real problem.

Zeero

02-03-2012

I use a rune set with all mana regen per level yellows and don't typically have a problem using my W to farm creeps or harass my opponent and keep my mana at a decent level. Lately I've actually been getting an early chalice as well, so there is never a problem of no mana.

What I have found with most AP champs is that they generally pretty helpless for a couple of seconds at a time because of cooldowns. Combine that with Talon's gap closing ability, his silence, and his wicked burst + DoT and he is a beast to lane against for them. Especially if you are against someone that doesn't have any hard CC like a Cass or an Ahri, if you dodge their skill shots you can punish them brutally.

SavageWolves

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2012

Talon is an excellent counter pick to many AP champions, especially those with few targeted spells. When you see the nuke coming, blink on and silence them, then follow up with combo for high damage.

And btw, he (in the right hands) is an excellent counter to Morgana, because her shield doesn't block his damage (just the slow).

He can crush ahri, cass, or even kassadin with well timed cutthroats.