Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Shred Leona??

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rekluze

02-03-2012

Woke up this morning with an idea, wanted to get some opinions or maybe hear from someone that had tried something similar, it's kind of a tanky aura/Resist shredding Leona, build would go something like:

Boots
Aegis
Zekes
Malady
Cleaver

Just an idea, thanks for feedback in advance

larkhill

02-03-2012

i dont get it... why would u use leona for this? why not jarvan or something? leona doesnt scale with melee at all. she shouldnt be meleeing any 1 thing for too long. she should be spreading stuns and her passive

Prometheius

02-03-2012

If you're attacking only one target constantly as Leona, you're doing something wrong.

Hozartis

02-03-2012

Quote:
Larkhill:
i dont get it... why would u use leona for this? why not jarvan or something? leona doesnt scale with melee at all. she shouldnt be meleeing any 1 thing for too long. she should be spreading stuns and her passive

Great response.

There's an opportunity cost when it comes to select characters--by selecting Leona for an AD role, you are NOT selecting other characters for the same role who would be better suited for the task.

Isysar

02-03-2012

Quote:
Larkhill:

^ x5

While you *COULD* do this, I don't see why you would want to. Nearly any other character could do that better.

Rekluze

02-03-2012

I wasn't trying to advocate stacking AD on her, was pre-first cup of coffee. Let me edit that AD to aura...

Was just thinking of stuns from her kit w/passive combined with debuffs from items to make it so my teammates could burn down a target quicker.

She does have to spend most of her time in melee range, everything but her R either takes her into melee or works best in range, was just thinking about trying to get more mileage for the team from her auto attacks.

Little Boy Nate

02-03-2012

Now if they had an item that provided Leona with some tankiness as well as the shred you are looking for.

Oh wait:
Sunfire Cape
Abyssal Scepter
FH

All these can add to your tankiness while also giving your entire team some extra kick, especially the Abyssal.

EMeta

02-03-2012

Switch the cleaver (which is far too expensive for what it does for her since you're not otherwise stacking AD or AS or crit) for a frozen heart (which gives a great debuff) and the malady for an abyssal (really, the chances of you hitting someone 3 times before most of your team's magic damage hits them just isn't that high, and abyssal helps you all around) and you have a basic leona build. Also, you now have the CDR to use her stunning powers. And proc your passive more. And a lot more tankiness. Good try though. You'd be able to use your build on Taric, I imagine, and he has his own built-in debuffery. Don't forget the cdr though.

Rekluze

02-03-2012

Quote:
Maxijazz:
Now if they had an item that provided Leona with some tankiness as well as the shred you are looking for.

Oh wait:
Sunfire Cape
Abyssal Scepter
FH

All these can add to your tankiness while also giving your entire team some extra kick, especially the Abyssal.

Yes, I see where you are coming from, I was just looking to get those kind of effects on the cheap as well, the three items you mentioned have a total cost of 8035g, Aegis, malady and cleaver total to just 6615g.

I've noticed many of my dominion games ed with me earning between 9-12k gold, if it was viable at all such a build would be up and running much faster thus leaving me plenty of gold leftover for buying defensive counter items.

Anyway, thanks for all the feedback, just trying to think outside the box. I see how it probably wouldn't work very well.

Little Boy Nate

02-03-2012

If you really want to go on a cheaper route then maybe an aura Leona?

Aegis
Zeke's
New shield item I don't remember the name of
Abyssal (Yes it is kind of expensive but does increase damage of your abilities and all AP casters by a ton)