Viktor kind of disappeared didn't he?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amoc

02-03-2012

I find it kind of funny how little of Vik we see already. After the initial week, and the free week after that, it seems like everyone stopped playing him completely. I think I've seen him once in my last 30-40 games.

Maybe that's normal though. I've only been playing the game for a month or so, and there seems to be a good number of champs you never ever see (Kayle, Poppy, Urgot, Trundle, Taric, Eve) but it's too bad when a brand new champ gets abandoned so quickly.

Etherimp

02-03-2012

The reason you never see those champs played (Except Taric... He's good and I see him played), is because they are all pretty sub-par in Summoners Rift, and/or in the current Meta.

That said.. Eve and Poppy kick royal ass in Dominion.

Amoc

02-03-2012

I just think it's bad how quickly a new summoner gets abandoned.

Etherimp

02-03-2012

So don't abandon him? It's up to the community who they like and don't like. Riot can't ensure that every champion is better than average 100% of the time...In fact I believe it's a mathematical impossibility.

Tyrang

02-03-2012

Riot will prolly buff him at some point. And then we will go like **** there is a Viktor in every game (or bans).

ForeverLaxx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2012

He was buffed this patch. The increase to his Q missile speed was needed for Q to actually serve its purpose, R's damage went up, E got some usability buffs, and W's deploy time was lowered so it's a more reliable stun.

The reason you don't see a lot of Viktor is because not many people know what to do with him. Some of them hate that item passive of his, and others think he can't do anything someone else can't do better. Once a "pro" does something with Viktor though, if that ever happens, his popularity will shoot up. This is usually what happens with a champion that the general playerbase thinks is bad. It happened with Irelia, Orianna, Lee Sin, Riven, and most recently Shyvana.

ViashinoWizard

02-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverLaxx View Post
He was buffed this patch. The increase to his Q missile speed was needed for Q to actually serve its purpose, R's damage went up, E got some usability buffs, and W's deploy time was lowered so it's a more reliable stun.

The reason you don't see a lot of Viktor is because not many people know what to do with him. Some of them hate that item passive of his, and others think he can't do anything someone else can't do better. Once a "pro" does something with Viktor though, if that ever happens, his popularity will shoot up. This is usually what happens with a champion that the general playerbase thinks is bad. It happened with Irelia, Orianna, Lee Sin, Riven, and most recently Shyvana.
Just FYI: Chaos Storm's damage wasn't buffed. They fixed a tooltip error that showed it doing less damage than it actually did.

Valohtar

02-03-2012

Viktor is a good champion. I will master him, for he is the ultimate killing machine.

GoodShepperd

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2012

I like him alot, I use him consistently,

Nishaven90

02-04-2012

Viktor is great in team fights and decent at 1v1 when his ulti is up :-D