Xin Zhao build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vultix

02-03-2012

I just started playing him and I was wondering what kind of build to use for him? I heard to go Tanky + DPS But i'm not really sure how... (Have only been playing like a month now)

This is the build I came up with

Wriggles Latern
Mercury Treads (ADenemy)/ Ninja tabi (APenemy)
Black clever
Randuin Omen
Youmuu's Ghostblade
Ionic Spark

****I haven't tried it yet because its late at night, ill remove this message once i do ****

FrozenFIames

02-03-2012

no to ionic spark.

i like to go mercury treads, wiggles, youmuu, frozen hammer. Gives u good def, mr, hp, slow, and atk speed and m/s and pen.
Oh ya you can try the new starks and youmma to see if you can do without a slow item like Omen's active or frozen hammer.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2012

Xin kind of sucks. He is very strong offensively early on, but in exchange for that he has absolutely NOTHING else. Has skill thats scale on AP of all things. No AD scaling at all. No escape, no utility, nothing.

Id recommend jungling. He is a good ganker because he has a gapcloser that also SLOWS which is king. A quick knockup after that is very strong and he can re-charge/knockup if he can get in a few hits. His passive sustain is also valuable.
This gives him the best chance to get fed early so he can dominate later.
He is OUTCLASSED by most solo tops.

For builds, he should go Tanky DPS. Glass cannon is too easily killed.

Some go Ghostblade, then tank up. This is very efficient for killing.

I like to get a Zeal/PD which gives PERMANENT mobility and AS vs ghostblade.

So, Wriggles, Zeal, Negatron for magic resist, to Phantom Dancer. To Banshees for toughness boost, BF Sword to Infinities for high damage since youve already got some crit.

Sometimes I go with a tankier approach: Skip wriggles and get a Wits End which still allows fast clear and he has sustain. Then Warmogs Armor, Banshee, and then bloodrazor since I went with on-hit.
Xin has enough skill based CC and burst that he will still be a threat and WILL be focused! So a Wits End is sufficient for offense, then you boost defense heavily. This lets you be an initiator.

scantykneesockss

02-03-2012

xin needs a rework...because he is boring as hell to use

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2012

He is certainly 1 dimensional, which can be boring to some people. If he was significantly better at that 1 thing than other champs, then it might be worth the specialization.

BUT, hes gotten nerfed again and again because he could PUBSTOMP noobs. i.e. his early game advantage used to be good enough to use him. But now its nerfed so that hes decent but not amazing early game, and has no utility or anything else.

Compare Xin to WuKong:

Xin has slightly better ganking and offense early on due to free Slow and early CC.

But Wukong has AD scaling skills like hes supposed to, the amazing utility of DECOY, an AoE Ult that has CC instead of just pure damage.
So Wu gets a LOT more goodness overall than Xin, in exchange for slightly less firepower.
And they BUFFED Wu Kong a month ago or so!! While nerfing Xin again.

BTripp

02-03-2012

xin ult isnt pure damage.

it hardly does damage.

It's pretty much only for getting the resists, you might chunk someone if they are full but it's not much,

Warrrrax

02-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTripp View Post
xin ult isnt pure damage.

it hardly does damage.

It's pretty much only for getting the resists, you might chunk someone if they are full but it's not much,
Lol. Yeah after all the nerfs it kinda DOES feel like it hardly does much damage.

But the resist gains are pretty minimal honestly. Graves the freaking AD carry gets more armor/MR than Xin thru his passive! It doesnt last long either due to nerfs. Xin is supposed to charge in, then AoE Ult to knock out a good chunk of their health due to scaling. Then use the extra survivability to not die immediately.

Lockethallyon

02-03-2012

I generally do best with Xin when I go Wriggles, boots, Giant's Belt, Atma's, Belt -> Warmogs. The last two items vary greatly depending on the game.