Ezreal or Trundle ?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ProSauce VT

02-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denambren View Post
I'm interested in knowing how Trundle can be played as one of the most useful bot laners in Dominion. Could you give an example of his build/playstyle vs a bot opponent like Ahri, Singed, or Sivir?
Trundle's passive gives him plenty of sustain along with being able to duel quiet efficiently once he has his ult. Finally try and gank a Trundle and tell me how it goes.

Also Trundle top with the right build is a beast. The key is maximizing the use of his Rabid bite and Agony. He isn't a bad champ and as some people are finding (since I'm making it a point to play him currently if the champ comp is compatible for a tanky dps) he is quiet strong.

(Edit: just noticed the down votes on my original post. I laugh so hard when people react to new things.)

Scrubsicle

02-03-2012

Trundle bot does well against champs with high sustain, but low burst. I can Trundle against an Ahri or Yorick and win almost every time.

But when I get an Annie bot. Oh god, the Tibbers. All of my health.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2012

Ez iif you pplay aggressively Trundle if you like to turtle things out, he trundles i fought on DOminion, well they didn't pack a punch but i couldn't do anything and i mean anything against them, fighting a trundle is like talking to a wall, it will last a veeeeeeryyy loooong time.

Edit: apparently like is a censored word in this forum.

InglouriousCobb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2012

Trundle is one of the funnest champions and quite often underestimated. I have been using him quite a bit lately and doing well. His 1v1 is great, although I havn't tried him bottom yet cause I like using him to help in the team fights. I like to counterpick WW with him since I havn't found a WW that could win 1v1 against me. Plus his Pillar is great in the jungle, pretty much just completely blocks out alot of areas. I have saved a ton of teammates by throwing it down over a wall while they were being chased.

ProSauce VT

02-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglouriousCobb View Post
Trundle is one of the funnest champions and quite often underestimated. I have been using him quite a bit lately and doing well. His 1v1 is great, although I havn't tried him bottom yet cause I like using him to help in the team fights. I like to counterpick WW with him since I havn't found a WW that could win 1v1 against me. Plus his Pillar is great in the jungle, pretty much just completely blocks out alot of areas. I have saved a ton of teammates by throwing it down over a wall while they were being chased.
People wont try a champion unless someone on Sauron's team plays them. People are lemmings like that. Its to our advantage tho since it means people will underestimate us.

Defendi

02-03-2012

You guys are saying his damage is terrible but judging from his Kit it seems as if he has a bulidt in defensive skills....Anyone ever try an bu lid him pure dps ?

Kiddalee

02-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defendi View Post
You guys are saying his damage is terrible but judging from his Kit it seems as if he has a bulidt in defensive skills....Anyone ever try an bu lid him pure dps ?
No way. His bite is too good. CDR gives you more bites -and- more DPS because you have W up more often. Plus so many CDR items improve tankiness. Frozen Heart is almost always better than Thornmail on Trundle.

Kiddalee

02-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vastatio Tactics View Post
People wont try a champion unless someone on Sauron's team plays them. People are lemmings like that. Its to our advantage tho since it means people will underestimate us.
Nekrogen mentioned that he was going to train on Trundle, but I don't know where that has gotten.

ProSauce VT

02-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defendi View Post
Check my match history. He is definitely viable for dps and his ult on someone with alot of tank items makes him quite hard to kill. Add the fact he gets a passive speed boost and his q does in fact scale better than the initial assumption and all of a sudden hes good. People wrote him off because 2 of his abilities don't do instant damage but in that case why is ww viable? Same reason.

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

02-03-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

generally speaking, i would go with trundle (but he's way harder to play properly, imo).
if you're talking about under their own 'ideal' circumstances, ezreal can be a monster.
from my own experiences, it's really team comp dependent.