Lee Sin - Best Build for 3v3/Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kercmerk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2012

There are lots of guides for jungling/5v5 laning on solomid for Lee Sin, but none for 3v3/Dominion from what I can tell. I'm learning how to "play" him on my own, but if you check my last 10 games, my builds are really darn bad, although I've been doing relatively decent with him in terms of wins (9 wins 1 loss out of past 10 games).

I'm just looking for a simple answer like:
Boots -> Wriggles -> Brutalizer -> Warmogs (etc.)

If anyone could help me out for the specific game mode (3v3 or Domi), I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Joe Dolca

02-04-2012

Wait there's a 3v3 map!? Didn't they remove it or something?

Stralucire

02-04-2012

Fyi, wriggles and warmogs don't exist in Dominion.

Ppvkignx

02-04-2012

boots + prospectors blade (situationally 2 ruby crystals instead) + pots start, then some mix of:
-tabi/mercs. Note that mercs does not affect knockups like Blitz/Ali/Janna CCs.
-hexdrinker (if you need MR early game)
-phage (build into entropy or mallet later. This is an amazing item as-is.)
-giants belt (cheap, early, health. Good if your team is behind.)
-atmas (get it if you need a bit of armor, finishing it between 2k and 2.5k hp is good)
-sanguine blade (lifesteal is amazing, but IMO this isn't worth rushing)
-last whisper (start building this early if you think you'll need it, you can always hang onto pickaxe)
-aegis (amazing early-ish tank item if you just need durability and damage types are split)
-randuins (late game armor if you really need to be tankier)
-thornmail ("holy **** i need armor vs these autoattackers ASAP!")
-FoN/Odyns/QSS (basically never needed, you wreck squishy APs. QSS is awesome vs cass/malz/etc, though.)

- Why not Brutalizer/Trinity? I don't like TF, and I think brutalizer sucks on lee.

Don't be afraid to just buy a giants belt + phage and not upgrade to mallet until really late (like, you run out of slots.) You should almost never need the 40% slow.

Summoners: Flash + exhaust/ignite/revive/something. Flash rules for in-combat repositioning to dodge skillshots, close gaps, and all kinds of crazy stuff.

Skills: Q then either W or E depending on game. W for more survivability, E for moderate damage, crippling autoattackers, and sticking on targets.

Ability usage -
Don't get stuck on the idea that you need to land Q to engage. You can always W up to a nearby minion/friendly/whatever and E your target, then land Q while they're snared and in melee range.
Maximizing his passive uptime takes a while to get used to, but will increase your damage and reduce energy issues.
Lee's ult is an amazingly versatile ability. You can Q someone, kick, then Q again to follow and kill them 1v1 outside the fight.
It can also be used for AoE damage, disruption in a teamfight, to escape, and to burst/finish off a target.

zionist shill

02-04-2012

Lee's a very flexible Champion. You can either build him real tanky like FM Atmas and whichever Defensive item you need like FoN, Randuins, Thornmail, etc. Or build him tanky dps with Sanguine blade, IE, LW, and a defensive item. It really depends on your team comp. And I have no idea how to build him for TT, never played it.

Glorious Bird

02-05-2012

Boots+Dual Sword
Brutalizer
Merc Treads/Zerker/Tabi
Hexdrinker
Sanguine Blade

After that go for FH/Atma, IE, or honestly another Sanguine is great. Sure, unique passive, but that much damage and leech on one item? Yes, please. Lee and Riven scale so, so, so hard off AD and Lee loves leech to the point that that second Sanguine is actually justifiable.

Being tanky is great, but between shield and passive leech you likely won't get swat outside of heavy CC or a 3v1.

AD per lvl reds are the best.

SoSalty

02-05-2012

My usual build involves Prospector's Blade + Boots start. Finish boots and get Frozen Mallet, Sanguine, Atma's/Force of Nature. Games are usually over by then.