Yordles

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jaykoboy

02-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerubois View Post
English is derived from Latin, like most European languages. The similarities you're seeing usually aren't because English is based off of these other languages, but because they share a common root.

And 'horse' in French is 'cheval'.
The word you're looking for is 'horsemanship', which is 'equitation'.
Actually, that's a common misconception. Not many Englishmen are willing to admit that about 84% of their language is French. (Accursed French-English rivalry, when shall you end?)

And I know that Horse is really Cheval...I was hoping that no one would check my error...guess you did. *Sheepish grin*

Cerubois

02-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaykoboy View Post
Actually, that's a common misconception. Not many Englishmen are willing to admit that about 84% of their language is French. (Accursed French-English rivalry, when shall you end?)

And I know that Horse is really Cheval...I was hoping that no one would check my error...guess you did. *Sheepish grin*
84%? Nah. I'd never believe that.

Here's a good chart from Wikipedia (which was very interesting to see, in my case; very cool info):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Or...h_PieChart.svg

I only noticed the horse thing because I speak French. A side-effect of being Canadian. ^^;

basketofseals

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by evawin View Post
Just as humans have different features (facial structure, skin color, average heights and builds, etc.), so do yordles. Yordles happen to have their males as fuzzy and their females as blue.
This may be true, but differences between the yordles is greater than the ones in humans. Humans all have the same bone structure, have most of our hair on our head, and have skin tones of varying shades of brown.

Yordles have different ear placements, so that means their skeletal and nervous system would have to be slightly different. We also see from Rumble that colors between male yordles have vary drastically.

nyarlaBROtep

02-06-2012

Are we all thinking into this just a bit too much?
Not that it is a bad thing, I'm currently writing a fanfic and doing waaay to much research for it.