Yordles

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ImNotGonnaRaichu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2012

I do believe it was due to there originally being both Yordles and Megling races but to simplify lore it was condensed into just meglings. I think with the shift was a change in the lore of individual champs such as the hint of Trist and Teemo being close and such. Not 100% sure on this btw.

Jaykoboy

02-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdeath17 View Post
really good one , the actual translation is :

yeah , where's goliath? we need his talent as a writter sir ! please read the post and write a good story about the troll

sooooo close maybe u have latin blood or something xD
I speak English. That's why.

English's simple words, like dog, are derived from Germanic roots. (German for Dog is Hund, AKA Hound.)

English's complex words, like Equestrian, are derived from French. (Horse is roughly translated as Equestere)

So, basically, since there are so many conjugates (Similarly spelled/pronounced words) I can translate most languages from Europe if given a minute.

Whyther

02-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNotGonnaRaichu View Post
I do believe it was due to there originally being both Yordles and Megling races but to simplify lore it was condensed into just meglings. I think with the shift was a change in the lore of individual champs such as the hint of Trist and Teemo being close and such. Not 100% sure on this btw.
This is correct. 'Yordle' originally referred to the tiny hampster-people like Teemo, Heimerdinger, and Kennen, while 'Meglings' were going to be the blue-skinned technologically advanced probably-aliens, like Poppy and Tristana. Riot decided that people probably didn't care to distinguish between little blue people and little furry people, so they nixed the separation between them and now they are all Yordles, and Meglings are a class of marksmans.

Jaykoboy

02-03-2012

^Precisely.^

nyarlaBROtep

02-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by goliathMoirail View Post
This is correct. 'Yordle' originally referred to the tiny hampster-people like Teemo, Heimerdinger, and Kennen, while 'Meglings' were going to be the blue-skinned technologically advanced probably-aliens, like Poppy and Tristana. Riot decided that people probably didn't care to distinguish between little blue people and little furry people, so they nixed the separation between them and now they are all Yordles, and Meglings are a class of marksmans.
That actually makes a lot of sense, thank you for clearing that up.

On a side note, why did riot have to stop coming out with lore?
D:

Cerubois

02-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaykoboy View Post
I speak English. That's why.

English's simple words, like dog, are derived from Germanic roots. (German for Dog is Hund, AKA Hound.)

English's complex words, like Equestrian, are derived from French. (Horse is roughly translated as Equestere)

So, basically, since there are so many conjugates (Similarly spelled/pronounced words) I can translate most languages from Europe if given a minute.
English is derived from Latin, like most European languages. The similarities you're seeing usually aren't because English is based off of these other languages, but because they share a common root.

And 'horse' in French is 'cheval'.
The word you're looking for is 'horsemanship', which is 'equitation'.

basketofseals

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2012

The thing is, none of the male yordles are consistent, so we don't really have a good basis on what a "yordle" is:

- Teemo has cat ears on top of his head

- Kennen has fur and hair

- Ziggs has elven furry ears on the side of his head

- Rumble is blue and doesn't appear to have ears at all

Veigar, Corki, and Heimerdinger are obvious outliers.

The strange thing is that only the female yordles have consistency; being short blue humanoids with elven ears and white hair. Poppy hasa very different head shape, but looking at her Battle Regalia Poppy skin, which I would say is higher quality than her original art, she looks much closer to Tristana since she has a rounder head and wider eyes.

nyarlaBROtep

02-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketofseals View Post
The thing is, none of the male yordles are consistent, so we don't really have a good basis on what a "yordle" is:

- Teemo has cat ears on top of his head

- Kennen has fur and hair

- Ziggs has elven furry ears on the side of his head

- Rumble is blue and doesn't appear to have ears at all

Veigar, Corki, and Heimerdinger are obvious outliers.

The strange thing is that only the female yordles have consistency; being short blue humanoids with elven ears and white hair. Poppy hasa very different head shape, but looking at her Battle Regalia Poppy skin, which I would say is higher quality than her original art, she looks much closer to Tristana since she has a rounder head and wider eyes.
So are yordle's guys and girls menglings?

Also, i am pretty sure Kennen has ears under his hood. And it might not look like it but Rumble's ears might just be covered by some fur.

basketofseals

02-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PieLover314 View Post
So are yordle's guys and girls menglings?

Also, i am pretty sure Kennen has ears under his hood. And it might not look like it but Rumble's ears might just be covered by some fur.
Rumble has cat ears like Teemo, but Teemo only has fur, while Kennen has fur and hair. Kennen also has a raccoonish look with the fur around his eyes.

evawin

02-05-2012

Just as humans have different features (facial structure, skin color, average heights and builds, etc.), so do yordles. Yordles happen to have their males as fuzzy and their females as blue.