Why Master Yi is bad/needs a rework.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tC Paulie

02-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleaFly View Post
ur teamcomp is ****. Ur playing in like 100 ELO.

Give me a break
Someone's maaaaaad.....

haha

zosoninja

02-09-2012

Yi is awesome.
What happens is that there are so much champions that require no skill to play that when you are confronted with a champ that requires skill you feed and you say that he is bad.
Try playing a lot of master Yi, learn when to enter fights (you should only go in when all the CC has been wasted) and after that do quadra kills at will. Sure he has no stun to gank from the jungle, so what you need to do is plan your ganks very well = skill.

If you happen to play against a really good master Yi you better RUNN!! GO!! GET TO THE CHOPPA! lol

Duffman316

02-10-2012

your answer is here!
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1806198

hunkfish

02-10-2012

if stuns bother you so much , why aren't you using cleanse or quicksilver, there are options available yet you are not using it and qq.

kavinh the third

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-10-2012

problem is the normal ad carry yi build is too random u either snowball or do nothing but unlike most carries there's no insurance u either do absolutely 0 or can end up doing 1 v 5 pentas but most of the time it's the former.

sdn8904

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-10-2012

Bump so Morello see this.

Largescuba

02-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdn8904 View Post
There are some ideas on how to buff Yi. I don't mean to apply these together. Also I wouldn't mind trade some damage for something else.

- Double Strike:
Scale the number of attacks needed to 7/6/5.
Second strike can crit.

- Alpha Strike:
Always do 80/120/160/200/240 bonus damage to minios instead of 20/30/40/50/60 % chance to do 400. (The average damage is the same).
More range, 650 maybe.
Faster travel time.
Less casting time. Or make him follow his target to brushes or fow. It's frustrating when you can't chase because your gap closer failed.

- Meditate:
Keep a portion of the defenses for the same time that you have channeled.
Give passive tenacity.
Reduce the channeling time.

- Wuju Style:
Slows the targed when active.
Loss half the damage while on cooldown.

- Higlander:
Increase the duration to 8/10/12 seconds.
Assists refresh Higlander's cooldown.
Can't be snared. (I think its only common sense. You can't be slowed unless you are entirely sttoped?).
If I had to choose I would have picked the E change out of all of them. Yi's lack of ANY kind of CC makes it really hard to gank early game. Plus I think it's really ****ty that they have abilities that have a negative impact on the hero (his E). I wish they made his Meditate a bit less ****. I mean, if you are AD, let's say you take 1 point early just to get the 100 MR/Ar. The cast time is abysmal and the heal is negligible. Give me some incentive to want to level it, or at least put 1 point into it. I feel like almost every champ has a utility spell that works perfectly fine at level 1. Perhaps giving meditate some mana return as well would make me want to waste a point. Also, I wish they would increase the duration on Highlander on at LEAST level 1. 6 seconds won't get much done. As a last point I feel that having Q always do bonus damage to creeps would be a great addition. It sucks when you are RNG'd on a jungle. One game you can get lucky and get an Alpha proc on every camp. The next game you don't get ****. Having a permanent bonus damage on his Q would increase the speed of his jungle which would in turn reduce the amount of HP lost in a clear, AND it would give you better mana management by not having to use so many Q/E uses to clear faster.

sdn8904

02-11-2012

Bump

Armaurahn

02-11-2012

why are you *****ing about yi? the dude is a ****ing monster that can carry a game to the ends of the earth if you let him sit back and farm at ANY point in the game, ive seriously been on a team where we turtled for our yi for like 5 min and he came out with two BTs and infinity and two dancers.......his basic attacks healed him for about 700......and as long as he wasn't stunned everything died....go anti cc and he can be hard to kill

sdn8904

02-12-2012

Bump