Shen vs other tanks

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Etherimp

02-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aikimiller View Post
Shen VS other tanks.

Other tanks win. Shen is at the bottom of a nerf cycle right now.

Try alistar if you want someone to duo bot as a tank/support, or Jarvan/Volibear for a jungle or solo top, or singed for just crazy madness. Don't waste your time with Shen until they buff him.
I half agree with this and half think it's ****.

Most champions are at least "viable" if used by someone who knows how to play them. They may not be the best possible picks, and there may be champions who are generally easier/better... But there are very few champions which are straight up "useless".

Tyrang

02-03-2012

I think there are better tanks if that's what you are looking for.

Galio, Maokai, Singed, Amumu, etc. They all have great init. Altho, I think that Shen has a lot of lane presence in early mid game due to his ult.

Team Carry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-03-2012

I find early game(laning phase) is very destructive, if laning with an ad carry you harass really good with q and his passive and they dont dare go near you or the ad carry since you can just taunt makes them play defensive and get less last hits. His ult is useful if you see someone low health still in lane just tele and taunt....dead, I find that he is very good for getting first blood a lot of the times

Foxhound300

02-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aikimiller View Post
Shen VS other tanks.

Other tanks win. Shen is at the bottom of a nerf cycle right now.

Try alistar if you want someone to duo bot as a tank/support, or Jarvan/Volibear for a jungle or solo top, or singed for just crazy madness. Don't waste your time with Shen until they buff him.
Shen>Volibear. Shen destroys Volibear top because he has better regeneration (not counting Volibear's passive, of course, but once you break that you're golden) and doesn't rely on mana.

As for Alistar vs. Shen, Shen's heal is better if you get a partner that will actually attack your marked targets. However I do agree that Alistar can do more in the harass/gank department with his slam ram combo.