Shen vs other tanks

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Team Carry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-02-2012

I want to know your thoughts on shen. Rammus is banned a lot to make him reliable pick and our team needs a realiable tank. So please give me some feedback on some ups and downs on shen and other tanks and whether or not they are better or not. Thanks

SFHFWill

02-02-2012

Great is used properly. Your team just has to know how to work with him. He has great ganking.

For example if your bot knows how to use bushes and has no vision, you can port to one of them at level 6. When they pop in to check or poke at you, bam a taunting Shen to the face.

I tend to think of Shen as a solo top lane so if you get off a good gank, shop and teleport back to top lane before your turret gets pushed too hard. Shen has great map control because of those two spells. The other I find useful is ghost or flash, up to you. Try to get those taunts off when people can't run.

I feel AP Shen is a better Shen. I tend to go with cheaper items that still allow him to have a decent level of AP.

Spirit Visage
Merc Treads
Abysmal Scepter
Rylai's Crystal Scepter
Hourglass
Sunfire Cloak

You'll be decent on both armor and magic resist and your Q and W should be useful. Your shield will be able to absorb a lot of damage, I think 150ish (might be wrong) so that's 150 free HP every few seconds. It's great for poking.

When you team fight, try to taunt the AD/AP carry, shield yourself and than use Q as they run. If they get off a taunt/isolate your AD/AP carry I will ulti to them as soon as I can to prevent them from dying. With that much AP you throw a nice size shield on them too.

However it all comes down to knowing if your team knows how to work with him or not. Some will say you never tank because you won't port to them when they're about to die running around blindly with 3 people wailing on them. Ignore those people. Use your port to help you gank or buy time for your AD/AP carry to live in an actual fight that might be possible to win.

Hope that helps.

Oh runes are Flat AP Marks Flat Armor Seals and MResist Per Level Glyphs with HP Per Level Quints.

Shen is the only tank I know of that gets absolutely 0 MR as he levels so I try to fix that through runes and gearing choices.

Team Carry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-02-2012

Thanks for your insight, i really like what he can bring to a team

Garaze

02-02-2012

Shen is the worst tank in the game.

Possibly even Champion.

Mambazo

02-02-2012

His kit is very good. His problem is he is so incredibly limited by his energy usage. one combo and he's waiting for 5 seconds to get his yellow bar back.

Team Carry

Recruiter

02-02-2012

I find if you manage his yellow bar good enough you dont have to worry about energy, if you go straight tank w is just a waste leaving your energy for just q spam and taunt when up

FaerellG

02-02-2012

I actually don't recommend Shen solo top because it means that you'll often have to chose between using your Ult and losing top tower as you'll leave it undefended.

I prefer Shen in Bot lane or in the jungle. Bot he can provide some sustain with vorpal and excellent peeling. His jungle is slow, he has an ok gank, but really he can be anywhere with his ultimate and that's where he excels as a bot laner or a jungler.

Axwellington

02-03-2012

Shen is viable.. just hard to not run out of energy.. shadow dash takes half of it.. leaving you waiting for a few seconds before you can do anything.. I love his ult though.. so many uses.. like someone already said.. take teleport and flash/ghost.. push your lane.. get your bot guy to hop into bush.. ult to him.. and shadow dash someone face checking for a great gank.. even better if you time it with your jungle ganks for a nice 4v2.

laning top lane is pretty nice.. it's hard to push lane with him though.. harass by using shield then Q the enemy.. keep farming.. if you can time your passive you can do even more harass but i chose not to get so close.. always using W before going in to Q. Save your shadow dash for when you need it.. god help your soul if you dont collide with anyone.. you will be useless for 4 seconds. He is very tanky.. damage doesnt scale that well late game. Over all a fun and good tank.. I like leona much better until they give shen a tad bit more damage and more energy regain.

Foxhound300

02-03-2012

Quote:
I actually don't recommend Shen solo top because it means that you'll often have to chose between using your Ult and losing top tower as you'll leave it undefended.
*cough*teleport*cough* Or heck, even the Jungle can cover it.

Quote:
Shen is the worst tank in the game.

Possibly even Champion.
You misspelled...I don't even have the energy for a joke there. There are worse champs. Eve, Ashe, most warwicks. Shen is UP, but he's not horrible.

Aikimiller

02-03-2012

Shen VS other tanks.

Other tanks win. Shen is at the bottom of a nerf cycle right now.

Try alistar if you want someone to duo bot as a tank/support, or Jarvan/Volibear for a jungle or solo top, or singed for just crazy madness. Don't waste your time with Shen until they buff him.