Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Increase dodge queue penalty in draft

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PacificStar

02-02-2012

It's getting ridiculous the number of queue dodges I'm seeing. There needs to be a longer penalty timer so that people don't dodge because they don't like their team comp.

Prometheius

02-02-2012

Then how about you build a better team comp instead of being full on retarded and locking 5 auto-attack hyper carries?

PacificStar

02-02-2012

Dodging queues doesn't make your teammates smarter. If they're too stupid to pick the appropriate comp, they're probably too stupid to play well even if they did pick a good comp.

Even at ~1700 ++ elo (queued with a friend who's 2k, I'm almost 1700), my team took ziggs, ezreal and maokai. At this point last 2 picks decide to take fizz and Malzahar. I don't care.

I'm not sure if I want ranked, or if I just want a punishment for constant draft queue dodges.

Kalturi

02-05-2012

I think queue dodging timers should be based on the number of queues you, as a player, have dodged in the past, say, month. I am playing normal draft pick and just got a premade team of 4 *******s (jerks). Every single one of them. So I left the queue. I also left one earlier today, about 6 hours ago, because my team had two junglers... In that case I wasn't just doing myself a favor, but also the other 3 people who didn't double jungle. I rarely ever leave queues unless it's something stupid like either of those two reasons. However, now I'm stuck with a 15 minute queue timer, which is just ridiculous considering the circumstances.

TLDR: There are legitimate reasons for leaving a queue, but it is the players who do it often that should get penalized. Make queue timers be a function of the number of times a player has queue dodged in, say, the last month.

The LORD saves

02-05-2012

In the past week I've dodged more queues than ever and I'm in the 1700s for the first time. Haven't lost ELO since I can remember at this point.

I dodge when people are already telling me:

1. I'm not a team player and I'll insult you because it makes me feel better.
2. I'm a racist, obviously lacking self control, in a game where some self control is necessary.
3. I don't know how to pick and counter pick appropriately to the enemy team OR I'm picking whatever I feel like to see if my playstyle will work regardless of its idiocy.
4. I absolutely refuse to play bottom, even though I'm one of the last picks and a perfect counter to their only bottom is available.

See things like that, and I'll drop.