Increase dodge queue penalty in draft

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PacificStar

02-02-2012

It's getting ridiculous the number of queue dodges I'm seeing. There needs to be a longer penalty timer so that people don't dodge because they don't like their team comp.

Prometheius

02-02-2012

Then how about you build a better team comp instead of being full on retarded and locking 5 auto-attack hyper carries?

PacificStar

02-02-2012

Dodging queues doesn't make your teammates smarter. If they're too stupid to pick the appropriate comp, they're probably too stupid to play well even if they did pick a good comp.

Even at ~1700 ++ elo (queued with a friend who's 2k, I'm almost 1700), my team took ziggs, ezreal and maokai. At this point last 2 picks decide to take fizz and Malzahar. I don't care.

I'm not sure if I want ranked, or if I just want a punishment for constant draft queue dodges.

Kalturi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2012

I think queue dodging timers should be based on the number of queues you, as a player, have dodged in the past, say, month. I am playing normal draft pick and just got a premade team of 4 *******s (jerks). Every single one of them. So I left the queue. I also left one earlier today, about 6 hours ago, because my team had two junglers... In that case I wasn't just doing myself a favor, but also the other 3 people who didn't double jungle. I rarely ever leave queues unless it's something stupid like either of those two reasons. However, now I'm stuck with a 15 minute queue timer, which is just ridiculous considering the circumstances.

TLDR: There are legitimate reasons for leaving a queue, but it is the players who do it often that should get penalized. Make queue timers be a function of the number of times a player has queue dodged in, say, the last month.

The LORD saves

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2012

In the past week I've dodged more queues than ever and I'm in the 1700s for the first time. Haven't lost ELO since I can remember at this point.

I dodge when people are already telling me:

1. I'm not a team player and I'll insult you because it makes me feel better.
2. I'm a racist, obviously lacking self control, in a game where some self control is necessary.
3. I don't know how to pick and counter pick appropriately to the enemy team OR I'm picking whatever I feel like to see if my playstyle will work regardless of its idiocy.
4. I absolutely refuse to play bottom, even though I'm one of the last picks and a perfect counter to their only bottom is available.

See things like that, and I'll drop.