Trolls, we need to deal with them

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HutchNSuch

02-02-2012

So 2 RANKED games in a row I have had to deal with people that refuse to play with the team because someone who picks before them takes a role that they "called". People refuse to realize that you pick in turn, and you play for the team, and you dont just ***** until you get your way. The tribunal isn't doing the job. Many of these players get off the hook, and continue to offend and re-offend causing grief for the millions of players who actually put money into this game. Riot needs to have a serious discussion on how we are going to deal with these problems, and if it means that we institute bans off key words that people say in the start screen, or being more lenient about the loss forgiven function, than we abseloutly must do it. I do not find it fair that I pay for this game and other people continue to ruin the experience for me and other paying players. Riot wont be seeing another payment from me until this is dealt with, and I invite more players to do likewise.

This game is about skill
This game is about teamwork
This game is about levelheadedness and understanding

Not about being a little *****

Bendyahova

02-02-2012

Communication is part of the game even in the selection screen. There are times when 3-4 people discuss roles and pretty much everyone agrees to them minus the 1-2 quiet people who never say anything and then proceed to take a role with an early pick that someone else politely asked if they could fill. I find these people just as annoying as the guy who from the 5th slot is 'calling' for mid from the moment you get on that screen. A little communication can go a long way and prevent some of these issues.

These are the type of situations that lead to the last pick being stuck with a support or jungle role that has no clue how to fulfill it really and then proceeds to be called a 'feeder' because they go 0/6 because they don't know the role not necessarily because they are trying to troll.

I've seen instances of the person who calls mid and then throws a tantrum and truly does throw a game to mess with everyone else, but I have to say I find that it's more likely to see someone go 0/6 because they are left with having to fulfill a role they may not be familiar with or comfortable with. Had the 'quiet' guy just spoken up that he was planning on taking an AD or mid role there might have been a quick discussion about how to overcome a possible deficiency in the team.

Stewpocalypse

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-02-2012

I agree with Bendyahova that communication is key to avoid trolls before matches even start. To add to that I would say being willing to bend for the betterment of the team.

Sure you and the last pick might call AD carry and he might be too stubborn to be willing to accept a suggestion to do something else so why don't you do pick another role. I tell you what, I love to do AD carry and go for it when I can, but I know its a popular role (a glory role) so I've worked on improving my support role champs. Now if someone is being stubborn I can change my role and still help the team to victory.

1313Jr1313

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

HutchNSuch

02-08-2012

I can't disagree with the points you bring. Communication is absolutely pivotal and is required for success especially when in champ select. But I often see teams in the 1350-1450 range where I am currently spending the majority of my time that just call spots and when our team structure doesn't work for their call they troll. It is this that I am trying to kill. It is a meaningless waste of all of our time. The immaturity required is legendary. How can you just screw the entire idea, and then follow to intentionally throw the game and grief your teammates. How is that logical in any way? This is even more quizzical in ranked.

Once again /agree with Stewpocalypse and Bendyahova

Deliani

02-09-2012

Because posting this thread will make people who do this miraculously stop.