Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Building a more fabulous Taric ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lbgsloan

02-02-2012

Quote:
urmamasllama:
removal of starks ruined my taric build =(

I hear that man, I hear that. RIP AD mega-armour shred Taric and Kayle.

I'd probably build AP tank now

Kiddalee

02-02-2012

I suppose I'll fatmage him more now that Stark's is gone. Just build the usual AP/fat/CDR stuff + Aegis.

I don't pick Taric unless I need his armor aura, which is why Aegis is so natural on him. The new Locket also seems to synergize with that, for anyone wishing to keep aurabotting him.

Thanks for starting this thread. You've inspired me to try some new things.

CarnivaL

02-02-2012

AP / CDR Taric:

9-21-0 Mastery

Either 1/3 or 3/3 Initiator/Enlightenment depending on preference, rest are standard tank masteries. Summoner's Resolve is up to you.

For summoner spells I typically run Heal/Exhaust without spec'ing into improved heal since the nerf.

Runes:
MS or AP Quints
Mpen or Armor Reds
Armor or HP yellows
AP or CDR blues

Skill order:
Start with 1 level in each then R>W>E>Q

General items:
Boots, AP Prospector ring, 2 HP pots to start
Upgrade boots to CDR
2x Amp. Tome into Deathfire Grasp

- Build splits here -

Negatron cloak into Abyssal Rod if we have APs on our team+theirs, if not Rabadon's.
Aegis if team is dying too quickly
After Abyssal Rod -> Deathcap -> Voidstaff

Buy an oracle as needed(usually when DFG is half-finished or later) if vs stealth/invis. To prevent yourself from being an instant target don't actually drink the oracle until you suspect the stealther is nearby (ie. you bought oracle don't drink it if you see stealth in bot lane and you're top)

You are now hard to kill and can insta-gib any squishy(range/mages) and do well over 50-75% dmg on bruisers with stun/DFG -> radiance -> shatter -> melee hits. When using Heal remember to use your personal heal first to avoid the reduction.

Yaladilae

02-03-2012

i am wondering anyone will build full out aura on him, aegis, iron solaris, wota, abyssal, boots, soul shroud

IlIlIIIlllIIIIll

02-03-2012

Some of builds on here that I never would have considered for taric myself.
I build him beefy ap: rylais, ROA, deathcap, mpen boots. His burst potential seems higher than an AP sion in my opinion.

Epjest

02-03-2012

I play Bruiser AD taric.

Mercs or Tabi -> Triforce -> Aegis -> Phantom Dancer -> Atma's

It's quite funny, not many people think the Taric is going to crit them for a boat load. Works well since his base damage is REALLY high, and attack speed lets him heal more often.

I don't finish that build much though, game normally ends around Zeal for the Phantom Dancer.

Darmival

02-03-2012

interesting posts guys. thanks

pretty sure i will avoid fatmage and ap/cdr builds, i dont feel thats his role.

Isysar

02-03-2012

Quote:
Kiddalee:
I suppose I'll fatmage him more now that Stark's is gone. Just build the usual AP/fat/CDR stuff + Aegis.

I don't pick Taric unless I need his armor aura, which is why Aegis is so natural on him. The new Locket also seems to synergize with that, for anyone wishing to keep aurabotting him.

Thanks for starting this thread. You've inspired me to try some new things.

A fatmage eh? Taric could be plumped up somewhat, but lets be serious, he won't ever beat Gragas. He's the best fatmage there is.

Dessim8

02-03-2012

I want to try a tanky taric with Nashor's Tooth. The problem is, FH and Nashor's gives 5% more CDR than I should want and the stat feels wasted.

Archos

02-03-2012

You don't have to upgrade every item you buy into it's fully finished form. I keep glacial shroud as glacial shroud all the time. Not for aura tanks, but you get my drift.