Building a more fabulous Taric ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darmival

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2012

I have come to like Taric in Dominion ( don't know why, he is almost never played .. maybe thats why >.< )

However I am at a loss for what to consistently build beyond Aegis ( i consider it core )

I am also really liking Zeke's ( Stark's replacement ) and don't mind grabbing it.. hp + cdr + lifesteal/as auras are all useful on him.

The biggest problem I find with him is almost no ability to 1v1 ( now I don't expect to consistently win 1v1s, but I do like actually inflicting damage )

I have tried Ionic Spark, which is nice for defending points against multiple enemies ( chain lightning interrupt ftw ) .... but doesnt really increase his damage output a whole lot

trinity force is too expensive and i dont consider it a real option ( i build zeke's/aegis first so trinity would be really late )

Anyone have suggestions ( and some solid proof / reasoning behind it ) ? Thanks

Xanthic

02-02-2012

I've played vs some very mean AP / CD Tarics. Give that a try.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2012

build Kitae's on him, AD taric is far more useful than Aura Taric on DOminion and the CS aura already counters aegis.
Kitae's Frozen Mallet, Atma's, thr other 3 depend on who's the enemy.

edit: well at least That's the taric build that's given me most trubles :$, Aurra taric never game me troubles besides the stun when one of his allies was nearby.
Edit 2: Ap Tarics are also good but they need to shatter the shield way too often for my taste, and that together with the crystal scar aura can make a tanky champion drop into a squihlet.

Solid proof?, why? you already own Taric just experiment, i know your Elo may take some kick in the nuts but it's for the sake of playing something ehrr, someone you Enjoy.

Darmival

02-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infirc View Post
DOminion and the CS aura already counters aegis.
Not really and you don't have enough Dom experience to really speak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthic View Post
I've played vs some very mean AP / CD Tarics. Give that a try.
Have any links to suggested ap builds?

Darmival

02-02-2012

not a lot of Taric players eh

Isysar

02-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darmival View Post
not a lot of Taric players eh
I think building him aura/tank is the way to go, though I've only done it once.

Open Boots Kindlegem

Aegis, Mercs, Frozen Heart, Kindlegem (build into a Hexteck Sweeper if they have stealth at some point, or maybe a Soul Shroud if your team needs it), Wits End and something else.

Wit's end seems weird, but I actually like it on him. It gives him a bit of damage, MR and helps lower the CD on his heal.

This build worked great in that one game, but I really can't say what to build in general.

I haven't tried the new Zeke's on him, but it could be quite nice indeed.

PrometheanRage

02-02-2012

I had mild success with black cleaver starks, back before the armor reduction was removed (stacking with his shatter reduction = a lotta armor gone). Not sure which way I would go now - gonna have to play him some more.

Dessim8

02-02-2012

I find Nashor's ight have potential. Auto Attacking with taric is about refreshing the heal at light speed and CDR and AP are welcome stats. Heck, I find myself sometimes needing mana when I play taric too so MP5 isn't all that wasted either.

urmamasllama

02-02-2012

removal of starks ruined my taric build =(

SpaceFrog

02-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isysar View Post
I think building him aura/tank is the way to go, though I've only done it once.

Open Boots Kindlegem

Aegis, Mercs, Frozen Heart, Kindlegem (build into a Hexteck Sweeper if they have stealth at some point, or maybe a Soul Shroud if your team needs it), Wits End and something else.

Wit's end seems weird, but I actually like it on him. It gives him a bit of damage, MR and helps lower the CD on his heal.

This build worked great in that one game, but I really can't say what to build in general.

I haven't tried the new Zeke's on him, but it could be quite nice indeed.
+1 for aura tank

I played him heaps around x-mas and new years. It's great when you team up with a vayne. But not sure how new starks fervor is going to affect my build/play style.

Move speed quints, boots of mobility. Roaming aura tank. don't 1v1 any1, just run to where u need to be and give out aura's stuns and heals. debuff armour with w, and old starks
attk speed marks & heal & exhaust

Also most of the aura items and build order a situational.

hextech sweeper is great for checking bushes and stealth,
frozen heart is a must against vayne or trynd
soul shround & WOTA are great for friendly AP carries
I used to rush starks if vayne or ad carries were doing well.