Alistar builds

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wardport

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2012

I have had alistar unlocked forever but ended up playing others like taric and gallio, so I'm trying to build an efficient alistar for solo qing. Right now I'm using 21 in support mastery with the rest in defensive points for armor and health. I have mag pen reds mp5 yellow mag resist blues with hp quints. I have found myself able to tank very well and keep lane partners alive with e very easily. My main questions are when do I stop leveling e til late game and where does alistars killing ability come from... sheen to tri force? I have been taking q first w second and e third and maxing e first (is this where my nonkilling issues lie). I read a post suggesting level e at 3,4 & 5 then leaving e at level 3 til late game giving your q and w mid game boost. What do you guys think?

Gaazardeil

02-02-2012

as far as i play, you can take anything first,,,, E>Q>W or Q>E>W doesnt really matter all have use, but E is best lvled last, its heal never gets amazingly big. W>Q>R>E is how i play usually.

You support by positioning and disruption. If you are near your tower Q them up and W them to it.If your team mate is chasing Q them up W them to your team mate. If your guys are running W them away and Q them up to slow. (them being the Enemy!) you basically use E as often as possible in between other attacks to keep your passive going and minions up. If you heal your partners then you are getting a bonus.

Hope this is a start

Wardport

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2012

Good info for play mechanics, need more info on items mastery and runes. I want to unleash the arena beast that the lore talks about. Leveling e last is a start at pulling a little more dmg without sacrificing his supportive role.

Wardport

02-02-2012

Bump thoughts

Peligrad

02-02-2012

Hey there. I main Ali and Renekton, I've got some experience to share.

I'll talk runes first.

I go magic pen marks, armor seals, mana regen glyphs, and move speed quints.

The magic pen marks help ali be more threatening throughout the game. I would prefer AP marks if they weren't secondary but they are... so... Almost all your damage is magical- and I hate secondary runes- so these are my choice.

The armor seals make Ali more sturdy against the AD carry in bot lane and against many junglers that gank.

The mana regen glyphs are the most important to Ali. The most common killer of Ali (and his carry) early on is that he's oom and could of gotten away if only he had mana for skills. These glyphs will help you disrupt the other carry's last hits, harass, lock down opponents, get away safely, keep you and your carry topped off for hp. The sky is the limit as long as Ali has some blue bar left.

Movement speed quints are very very nice. Move speed advantage is a huge priority for Ali. It allows you to position headbutt on ganks initiate fights faster, get to places people don't expect you and ward the map more safely.

Now I'm sure I'll get flamed for saying this, but don't knock it until you try it. Try out a Doran's Ring for your starting item. I don't know how many times I've been flamed for this, but it really is awesome. The stats can't be matched gold for gold and all the stats are very relevant to winning your lane and properly supporting. You'll need to be more careful about overextending because you won't have a ward. But ganking against Ali is very hard if you have your cds and mana for them. If you push below the river, just don't use the q and w skills and make sure you keep an eye on mid. You can thwart and junglers gank by ccing him, blocking his skill shots with your face and running away (you can use headbutt to distance yourself from the 2 enemy bottom laners and knock the ganker back into the river, this will also get you right in the way of any skill shots he'll aim at your carry. If he catches back up with you hit q and leave him in the dust. Nothing is more frustrating to a ganker than Ali played properly!) Only a 4+ man gank should give you or your ad carry trouble.
(get wards on your first return)

I usually buy dorans, then philo stone, then boots, then heart of gold, then tier 2 boots, then a reverie. The boots i get depend on the team- I get ionion (not typical), swiftness, tabi, or merc treds depending on who's fed and what I need to do to support best.

Make sure to get an early reverie, it's so strong on Ali!

Always babysit your AD carry when he want's/needs it. But if not take your reverie and gank the solo lanes. Ali ganks are free kills!

while you go around warding keep an eye out for anyone over extended. Circle around them, headbutt them to your teammate (check the teammates hp first) follow up with a pulverize and profit an assist (it usually is literally that easy). As Ali, this is especially easy as long as your ult is up (and again you have mana) because you can cleanse the ganked player's cc if they try to stop you.

Learn when to use pink wards, when to use oracles and the other supporting basics along with these tactics. I get called "pro ali" all the time. And sometimes the guy who flames me for dorans at the beginning will even apologize (ok thats too obvious of a lie...)

Wardport

02-02-2012

Ever get offensive items or straight up support/aura items only?

Wardport

02-02-2012

Bumpzilla

Invisibleally

02-02-2012

I am fairly new to the league, but I am a big fan of heal abilities and I think Ali has one of the best. I myself level E>W>Q and then pump the heal up every chance (except when ult levels are available, of course). Tanky enough to avoid being ganked (mostly) and if you keep an eye on teammates W is INCREDIBLY effective at screwing up otherwise unstoppable ganks on them. The only thing I have trouble with when playing Ali is you practically get no kills... but you can assist like CRAZY. So far each time I try to build Ali to deal more damage and get more kills it ...ah...doesn't work out so well.

SolluxAradia

02-02-2012

I take the Xpecial item route, starting with Fairy Charm, 2 potions, and 3 wards. The Fairy Charm keeps my mana supply in check while I can add vision to my lane and ad carry. Later, I go Philosopher's Stone, Lucidity Boots, Heart of Gold while buying wards to help my jungler. I upgrade P.Stone into Shurelya's Reverie and upgrading Heart of Gold into Randuin's Omen or selling HoG to pick up Frozen Heart. If damage is really needed, I pick up Sheen and build into Trinity Force. As an Alistar support, you'll find the defense and aura items more useful in teamfights.

Wanting to be as tanky as possible early game, I pick up Armor Reds and Yellows while going for 4 Magic Resist/Level Blues and 5 flat Magic Resist Blues. I finish the page with 3 gold/10 sec quints.

As far as skills go, you'll want to start with Q at lv1, then going W lv2. If you feel lucky at this point, go for the Q-W combo into a wall or tower. Pick up E at lv3 and 4. Max Q first, then E, then W last while always grabbing R as soon as it's available.

This style of Alistar doesn't net you many kills, but you do provide a utility to your team by getting them stronger with your assists and disruption.

Wardport

02-02-2012

Why do you take gold per 10 quints, are the mastery and item gold pers not enough for you or are you a def off mastery?