The lack of a "swap champion" button is depressing

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

scarra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-21-2010

Would make solo (even team) queueing at any rating more enjoyable.

Please implement this feature.

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

07-21-2010

They plan on it

R3coiler

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-21-2010

Quote:
They plan on it.
Let me guess: top men are on it? Yeah, we've heard that one before.

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

07-21-2010

They have Guinsoo on it, I think, either that the platform engineers have a choice of working on swaps or feeding him. Either way it will get done fast

scarra

07-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by EncasedShadow View Post
They have Guinsoo on it, I think, either that the platform engineers have a choice of working on swaps or feeding him. Either way it will get done fast
thank god

but there's still an issue of swapping heroes players don't own to a player who does own it.

Has there been any riot posts about this?

An example would be if i wanted to give my 5th summoner shen because he loves playing shen while i primarily play carry, however i do not have shen unlocked

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

07-22-2010

I don't think you'll be able to pick a champ if you don't have them owned. I also don't know how they'll deal with picking a champ you own and swapping to someone who doesn't own it.

scarra

07-22-2010

That's probably going to be a real pain buying top tier heroes just for the ability to swap to your teammates.

Alright well ty for the quick reply.

Miltrivd

07-22-2010

It was the first thing I noticed in my first ranked game. Good to know it's gonna be there soon.

Zamzoph

07-22-2010

I, for one, believe that swaps will work by only allowing them to be done between players who own both champs in question. If it's like that, though, then I do hope more time is added to draft picking as it'll be needed to plan out swaps, especially for ensuring that the guy further down the list has the champ that the current picker would want.

Attero

07-22-2010

I severely prefer the idea of being able to actively switch pick order. That way there is no issue of not having a champ but wanting someone to pick it for you, etc etc.

Just let anyone who has not yet picked be able to slide positions with a voluntary button click from both players. Simple, solved.

It doesn't make sense to limit people on making intelligent team choices by the champions they do or don't own. Gimping people who don't actively buy champions. Also situations will arise wherein one player says "PICK X FOR ME!" then they do not swap, and someone is left with a champion they do not want.

All around, it is asking for problems, whereas voluntarily switching your pick order leaves you only with the champion YOU selected, leaves little room for being in a slot you didn't want, and even if you do it isn't the end of the world not being able to pick whenever you had wanted to.

Instead of hijacking thread, I just made a new one.
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=177919