Why are most 6300 characters ranged?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HelloImHigh

07-21-2010

Anivia, Twitch, Malzahar, Karthus, Corki, Ezreal, Kennen, Kog'maw, Blitzcrank.......

These are all the characters labed 6300ip in the league of legends store and im wondering....

why are they ALL ranged classes except Blitzcrank... hmmm.

I also notice that they have also been coming out with a lot of melee dps charactets and all, Akali, Olaf, Xin Zhao, have been priced at the same 3150ip

kinda makes me suspect "Vladimir, the Crimson Reaper" this new champion that is on the rize might also take the 6300 tag, and wonder if there ever gonna come out with a 1350 again.

why they do this idk.... maybe its a coincidence, or im simply unfamiliar in how they select the price champions.

Rockwyrm

07-21-2010

Range is superior to melee, and a 6300 champ better be good

Ceazy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-21-2010

Because since when have you seen a melee character that is hard to play or has a good amount of skillshots?

OH YEAH BLITZCRANK.

HelloImHigh

07-21-2010

say that too twitches winning statistics ^

Judicator Wombat

07-21-2010

Because being able to stay at a safe distance from all fights takes soooo much more skill than being in the thick of things and thus necessitates a higher cost.

Pyrise

07-21-2010

6300's are a harem, Blitz being the guy, the ranged being the females... Blitz is a pimp... Please refer to him as "APimpNamedSlickBack" one word if you will.

Swipe Knife

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-21-2010

Because 6300 heroes are supposed to be more difficult/complex to play. Melee heroes have a habit of being beat sticks, whereas 6300 heroes often have some utility and their skills (need) to be used in conjunction with one another (Anivia/Twitch/Malz...) to be effective. Also, many of the 6300 heroes are heavily position-dependent, which is a limitation that almost has to be linked with a ranged hero.

HelloImHigh

07-21-2010

oh so one of you say it takes skill to melee and the other says it takes skill to range.... u both failed to help me

Ceazy

07-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judicator Wombat View Post
Because being able to stay at a safe distance from all fights takes soooo much more skill than being in the thick of things and thus necessitates a higher cost.
Did I say that? There are ranged champs that are just as easy to play (Ashe, Trist, Sivir for example) that are cheap.

All of the 6300 champs (excluding twitch, and who knows why he's still there) have some mechanics that make them harder to play than all the other champions. Skill shots, wall abilities, targetted AoEs, etc.

On the other hand, there's not really any melee that have skill-shots. Most of the abilites are auto-attack, targetted, or very very easy to hit with.

Judicator Wombat

07-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceazy View Post
Did I say that? There are ranged champs that are just as easy to play (Ashe, Trist, Sivir for example) that are cheap.

All of the 6300 champs (excluding twitch, and who knows why he's still there) have some mechanics that make them harder to play than all the other champions. Skill shots, wall abilities, targetted AoEs, etc.

On the other hand, there's not really any melee that have skill-shots. Most of the abilites are auto-attack, targetted, or very very easy to hit with.
My post wasn't a reference to yours, I'm just saying that when you consider how every 6300 can stay completely safe from enemies compared to most lower cost bracket heroes saying "they take more skill" isn't really 100% accurate.

Sure, maybe it's harder to land some of their skill shots (compared to a melee's right clicks) in theory, but when you factor in that melee's have to be close enough for it to be impossible for their targets to miss anything a lot of the difficulty in landing those abilities disappears.