Character Specific Runes/Masteries

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blocksbox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-22-2010

The lack of rune pages is obviously a problem given that you can play up to fourteen different characters at any time. A lot of people seem to be clambering for a larger book, but that solution seems rigged to me.

Wouldn't it better to just have character specific runes/masteries on the champion page? That way if I select Fiddlesticks, I get one predefined set of masteries/runes - if I choose Katarina, I get another. Changing masteries every single time and then selecting a randomly stacked rune page seems superfluous to me.

Add summoner spells into the mix, and character selection could be reduced to just that - character selection. Pick who you want, lock them in, and the match begins.

GrizzIy

07-22-2010

I believe it's coming soon, but real question is... who can afford to fill out all 14 pages with full T3 runes (assuming wide variety)? O_O

Shinnyshin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-22-2010

Well, they can be re-used...like, you don't have to purchase entirely new runes for each and every single character. I own two health quints, a variety of other quints, a partial tank runepage, and a complete caster runepage. And am rapidly expanding. This system seems absolutely ideal--unless you plan on altering your playstyle of a particular champ given the team's composition, which could be a potential problem. For example, I play AP Gragas and Body-Slammin' DPS Gragas, based on what the team could best use. They have entirely different builds.

For the most part, though, this system is ideal. Especially if we could incorporate mastery builds as well as spell builds into the whole package. And had the ability to change things on the fly, if necessary. No more of those "OH GOD, YOU ALL JUST CHOSE YOUR CHARACTERS AND THIS IS AN ALL MELEE-DPS-CARRY TEAM, LET ME QUICKLY RESPEC WITH THE REMAINING 11 SECONDS" moments. Those always really suck. Especially when you're trying to change from Shaco to Taric or Anivia and end up with the completely wrong spells.