Consistently Positive, Yet Stuck Floating Around 1300.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wreck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2012

This is NOT an ELO rant.

My first 20 games of Season 2 I went up to 1500 rating, then back down to 1200. I have now floated within 30 points of 1300 for almost 100 games.

Obviously this most likely means that is where my skill is at, yet I play well with consistency. I am the reason my team wins on average every 3 games from carrying, and the reason we lose every 10 games {on average). I almost always have a positive score, don't make late game mistakes, cs very well, help with map/ward control, call timers and don't rage. I play mid, top and jungle very strongly, and counter pick whenever I can.

I am most comfortable Mid...
Top: Morde, Rumble, Singed
Mid: Ahri, Cass, Karth, Morgana, Kennen, Kass, Morde
Jungle: Maokai
Bot: Sivir/Raka

I would very much like to get better.

I go to Reign of Gaming for my solo queue tier list, I occasionally watch streams, I have watched as many tournament videos as I can easily find (and would love more!), and read multiple guides on both the champs I play and the game in general (but I a open to more too!).

I think I need to work on better positioning and focus in team fights late game, but is there anything specific I can do to start getting better besides just playing more? Well obviously I need to play more, but should I do something slightly different to get better? I feel like I have plateaued out for a long time now.

Burbinator

02-01-2012

How can we tell without seeing you play? Upload some ranked games (your best and your worst) to youtube or something.

here's one generic piece of advice: if you're consistently positive, i assume you're winning lane consistently. As mid, gank everywhere all the time and make sure the other lanes win too. Make note when bot/top are warded and where (a tip is for purple to push lane, then enter from jungle and gank from bot tribrush, or for blue to push lane and gank from top tribrush rather than river).

And don't be content killing people and then backing off. After a kill always consider if you can force dragon, push a tower, steal a buff, or take baron. You often see pro teams forcing baron even if they only have a 1 man advantage (not always applicable but yeah)

Wreck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2012

Thanks for the fast response!
Yes I do win my lanes, and I do gank through top and bottom bushes when jungling. I would love to record myself, but my laptop can't handle it sadly. I don't force fights often enough, thanks for pointing that out.

The only video I have recorded at the moment is a 3s that a friend made a commentary for. Its of her playing Sivir, but you hardly get to see my gameplay.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Eo9V...ixMLvnsEyrE0WW

Nowitsfair

02-01-2012

score doesn't matter, look at my stats i'm negative and 1550ish elo.

Burbinator

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wreck View Post
Thanks for the fast response!
Yes I do win my lanes, and I do gank through top and bottom bushes when jungling. I would love to record myself, but my laptop can't handle it sadly. I don't force fights often enough, thanks for pointing that out.

The only video I have recorded at the moment is a 3s that a friend made a commentary for. Its of her playing Sivir, but you hardly get to see my gameplay.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Eo9V...ixMLvnsEyrE0WW
3's is totally different gameplay from SR....

Wreck

02-01-2012

Agreed, it was the only video of my game play so far. I just recorded a game using LoLReplay, and although I had enormous lag during team fights, there's enough footage for me to edit and upload. I will do that asap.

Wreck

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitsfair View Post
score doesn't matter, look at my stats i'm negative and 1550ish elo.
How can I check someone's stats on the forums?

Wreck

02-02-2012

Bump

Calyx

LexCor

02-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calyxis View Post
I do da halping.
Good guide, appreciated man. I'm feeling like Wreck here :\
Usually win my lane, or gank adequately in jungle, and try to ward and communicate with the team, but I get stuck with mutes or stubborn players. Watching Dan Dinh helped a lot understanding some of the lane swinging, and taking note of dragon/buff/ward timers is a big help.